What Ink Would You Suggest For A Visconti Hs London Fog?

Bmarino

Friends,

This is arriving in just a few days and I'd like your help deciding what ink should I use with it. I am not a fan of blue but could consider using it. Personally I'm thinking about Iroshizuku Yama-Budo (my all time favourite) or some kind of Bordeaux, because I think these colours would really match well. I think, however, that a darker tone of Yama-Budo would match the gray and blue tone of this pen, somehow resembling the dark reddish wine color that is so common in old Hammer horror movies.
Please leave your suggestions.

These are the inks that came to mind:

Diamine syrah (Might be a bit darker than what I want)

Black Swan in English (Australian) roses (really like this one, even though I prefer the old formula)
Ottoman rose (really like it too, but fear it will be too bright)
PR Burgundy Mist (ambiguous about this one)
Edelstein Amethyst (maybe)

Newly added options: Sailor Yama-Dori and Mont Black burgundy

(these two are great).

http://i63.tinypic.com/ifsr9w.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bmarino

• LizB

• Joe in Seattle

• Mulrich

Top Posters In This Topic

Being familiar with fog in London having lived there in the 40s and 50s London fog was known by Londoners as Pea Soupers because it had faint tinges of yellow and green. It was known as Smog. When coal fires were banned and the city cleaned up, London fog all but disappeared. You could use black reminiscent of soot the main cause London fog Or the brown which would represent anthracite..

They came as a boon, and a blessing to men,
The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

Being familiar with fog in London having lived there in the 40s and 50s London fog was known by Londoners as Pea Soupers because it had faint tinges of yellow and green. It was known as Smog. When coal fires were banned and the city cleaned up, London fog all but disappeared. You could use black reminiscent of soot the main cause London fog Or the brown which would represent anthracite..

Thanks for the input. I think that black or brown would be meaningful, but aesthetically speaking might not match the pen.

Grey?

I thought about gray, but I prefer inks that contrast better with the paper, that are more vivid, so to speak. Grey would definitely look classy in the barrel though.

What a gorgeous pen! And great suggestions for the inks to go with it. I'd start with the Diamine Syrah - one of my favourite inks.

Do you think that Syrah would maintain its original color in the barrel or would become dark, almost black?

Most inks that aren't very light won't show much color in a demonstrator. I used Waterman serenity blue and you couldnt see the color much at all. Also important to pick an easy to clean ink to avoid staining.

Most inks that aren't very light won't show much color in a demonstrator. I used Waterman serenity blue and you couldnt see the color much at all. Also important to pick an easy to clean ink to avoid staining.

Indeed, I think you are right about the inks not showing much on a demonstrator. However, many ink will show a beautiful effect as light shines on them, and most definitely will also show as the barrel slowly turns empty. I think ;)

Indeed, I think you are right about the inks not showing much on a demonstrator. However, many ink will show a beautiful effect as light shines on them, and most definitely will also show as the barrel slowly turns empty. I think ;)

I find this is especially true with my iro inks. Especially my Yama budo. Sadly that ink is too vibrant for me to use very often. Edited by Jjf1989

Are you planning to use only one ink for this pen? Since I change with every fill, I don't care which ink I use. Seems a waste of thinking time.

If you can find a bottle, how about Levenger Pomegranate? It has been discontinued, but you may still be able to find it. One of my favorites. Unfortunately I didn't get a second bottle while it was still in production.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Do you think that Syrah would maintain its original color in the barrel or would become dark, almost black?

It would look black when full, but show it's colour a bit more as it empties and slops about a bit, if you see what I mean.