The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Falcon Sf V. E95S F

pilot falcon e95s nib comparison

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 angryrice87

angryrice87

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:40

I'm eyeing the Pilot Falcon (soft-fine nib) as my next fountain pen purchase, but $150 is quite an investment for something I won't get to try beforehand. I love the classic look of the body, and the unique design of the nib. 

I already own a Pilot E95S with fine nib, which I absolutely adore and is the second-smoothest writer I own. I've heard that the Falcon SF can be rather scratchy, and I'm looking for a fairly smooth writing experience with not too much feedback. If the Falcon SF writes like the E95S F, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.

Anyone know how the Falcon SF compares to the E95S fine nib?

Sponsored Content

#2 langere

langere

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:26

I do not know the E95S, but I have found that my Falcon writes incredibly smoothly.  It' a S-M.

Erick

Currently in Rotation: 

Lorelei 667 "F" nib running Diamine Autumn Oak

Montegrappa Silver Mule "M" nib running PR Gray Flannel

Santini Italia Libra "F' nib running DC Supershow Blue

#3 Bluey

Bluey

Somewhere between green and indigo

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2016 - 19:49

I would suggest the Falcon SM as it feels like a softer Pilot Elite 95s in medium. I don't think the Falcon SF will give you the smoothness you want.

Mediterranean blue, Asa Goa, China blue, Royal blue, Sapphire blue, Indigo, Washable Blue....the colours of the rainbow.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pilot, falcon, e95s, nib, comparison

Sponsored Content

|