Which Xmas Ink Should I Use For My Xmas Cards This Year?

cougarking

Any thoughts on a seasonal xmas ink for writing in xmas cards this year?

have used diamine Pumpkin, Mont Blanc xmas red and waterman dark green in the last few years !

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizB

• FLZapped

• Mulrich

• Noihvo

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tempted by Herbin 1670 - either Rouge Hematite or Emerald of Chivor. I want something with some sparkle or sheen. I might look at the Diamine sparkly ones too.

A violet ink, Montblanc violet. Out of production, but easier to read than the more gossamer colors.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Kaweco Palm Green because it reminds me of MB's White Forest and CdA's Amazon, both of which passed away. These all look like a Christmas tree green.

Boo Hoo

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I'm tempted by Herbin 1670 - either Rouge Hematite or Emerald of Chivor. I want something with some sparkle or sheen. I might look at the Diamine sparkly ones too.

I've just ordered a bottle of the Diamine Red Lustre for this very purpose :)

Sheaffer red is the truest red for Christmas or Valentine's Day. Nice flow, too.

Sheaffer inks are often overlooked, but they have been solidly reliable inks for decades.

Diamine Red Dragon is a great color for Christmas as well, bright and rich.

Retired, twice. Time to do more things, writing being one.

I like Montblanc's Winter Glow (red) and White Forrest (green). I have a bottle of each and save them for Christmas every year.

Of the current obtainables, I recommend Robert Oster's Astorquiza Rot (red) and GvFC Moss Green.

Sheaffer Skrip RED

Diamine Ultra Green or Noodler's Gruene Cactus or Noodler's Forest Green

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Sheaffer red is the truest red for Christmas or Valentine's Day. Nice flow, too.

Sheaffer inks are often overlooked, but they have been solidly reliable inks for decades.

As it happens, I've been thinking about Sheaffer Skrip Green for holiday cards this year. It's not that deep jewel green that is often associated with Yule, but the slight lean towards blue makes me think of spruce trees; and nothing says winter to me like evergreens.

Last year I tried Diamine Syrah which hit the spot for me. Red enough to be festive, but not too bright. Will do the same again this time.

I've just ordered a bottle of the Diamine Red Lustre for this very purpose :)

Bought a bottle of Red Lustre at the Ohio Pen Show for this purpose, but haven't tested it out yet. I already own Magical Forest. I also bought Golden Sands, which I just realized would also work very well (if I can get it into a pen that I trust)!

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

As of right now it looks like I will be using Diamine Classic Red and Diamine Sherwood Green. Just put both in stub nibbed pens.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain