3 Tine Music Nib Fountain Pen On Ebay For $1243... Is This The Real World?

Shaun500

i know 3 tined music nibs are rare, and i've been hunting for one, but is it worth $1,243? seems a bit insane if you ask me. i've been looking for one for maybe a year now, but my budget is only $600.

i know on reddit some guy paid over $1,500 for a sheaffer snorkel 3 tine music nib though.

what do you guys think? link is here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222311726698?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://i.imgur.com/xQaDQjc.png

I am now replacing every word with "Iroshizuku". You're looking very Iroshizuku today! Iroshizuku to you too!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nigelg

• Left FPN

• Shaun500

• inkstainedruth

I have been watching it but it has an unnamed nib.

This Waterman nib alone was available recently but the seller removed it. Perhaps sold outwith to save charges.

This Waterman nib alone was available recently but the seller removed it. Perhaps sold outwith to save charges.

wow, didnt notice that.

interesting. i would imagine the ebay and paypal charge on that would be pretty massive.

if it sold for $500 for the nib then i imagine with a fitting pen body it might cost $600-$700?

i found the sheaffer snorkel music nibbed pen i was looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1950-039-s-SHEAFFER-SNORKEL-FOUNTAIN-PEN-RESTORED-RARE-FLEXIBLE-MUSIC-NIB-/221607656377?nma=true&si=L7rkRXcuJteRO0MmeThJG6h9tGo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

it sold for $1341!

I am now replacing every word with "Iroshizuku". You're looking very Iroshizuku today! Iroshizuku to you too!

Crikey, I wonder what my Osmiroid branded music nib is worth then. (Yachts, fast cars, big houses here I come. :D )

Yesterday is history.

Tomorrow is a mystery.

Today is a gift.

That's why it's called the present

I have never paid anything remotely like those prices for a pen. Let alone for a nib alone....

I have two pens with music nibs. One is a Craig BHR ringtop that I got the first year I went to DCSS. I paid $50 US, plus an additional $2 for a sac, and one of these days I will see about putting the two purchases together... (after I get a few Estie resacs under my belt).

The other? A no-name with with a 14C (yeah, that's with a C, not a K) that I ran across last year in an antiques mall in NW PA. I was going to get that pen serviced at the Ohio Pen Show, but apparently feed and section have been glued on, and the guy couldn't get the pen open (his suggestion was to soak it in water for at least a week, in order to try and soften the glue...). That pen? Cost me twenty bucks. I've been told the nib is worth a LOT more. But still a fraction of the cost of EITHER of these pens listed....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Wow, too much for my blood.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

It's only worth that much if you are willing to pay that much!

Me...no way!

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

I usually only list items for sale now when eBay send me Final Value Fee offers. The best one they send me is for £1 FVF per item. Fortunately for me I sold my Montblanc Verne when I listed it with that offer. So that was worth doing. :wub:

It's a shame about PayPal fees, but they are always there anyway. :mellow:

Well, I've got a Dremel, so I wonder how much people would pay for a *four* tine music nib? :)

I have access to a huge box full of them!

Aren't they known as a "Lady". I'm sure I've heard the song "Four tines a lady" :D

Yesterday is history.

Tomorrow is a mystery.

Today is a gift.

That's why it's called the present

I have a Platinum with a Music nib and I've never liked it. The ironic thing is that a musician can't afford one.

I have a Platinum with a Music nib and I've never liked it. The ironic thing is that a musician can't afford one.

That would be very different.

The Platinums with music nibs are modern pens with a stiff music nib.

Vintage music nibs are in a different category.

The music nibs today are different. If you extend the tines on the Waterman's, they meet. If you do this to modern nibs (Noodler's is an axception) the tines won't meet. Maybe they do it to prevent feathering and deliver a more consistent line, who knows.

I like flowers, mother of pearl, dip nibs, blue, green or red inks. I also like flowers, Frida Kahlo's paintings and Josephine Baker's songs. Did I mention flowers and mother of pearl?

there were two waterman 3 tines music nibs (one wit a pen) auctions recently, all two ended on approx. 600 dollars. two duocrafts with warranted 3 tines nibs auctions, ended on 300 dollars, one of the is actually relisted, the buyer didnt pay, so you have a chance to snap it for about 300.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201719470900?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

300 dollars is still to much for me, i managed to buy duocraft with two tines warranted music stub for about 30 (plus some money for new sac and shellac).

Four tines, you say?

http://i.imgur.com/FwAyS6G.jpg

What the heck is that thing? It looks like something a medieval farmer might have used.