Hello From Florida

smilesco

Excellent, where did you hail from? I'd love organize a pen meet up as well, it's a new hobby of sorts for me actually and a new 2D art form so I'm always lookin for advise and new techniques. I'm aspiring to be a watch maker and work with them as my work. So naturally I fell in love with this pen world. Also, I'm always in search for a good cup of coffee, which has been a challenge since moving here from Portland OR.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smilesco

• openionated

• jesse

• Sasha Royale

A meetup sounds fun to me :). I'm in Altamonte.

I'm aspiring to be a watch maker

I've also recently become interested in watches. My first mechanical was a Seiko 5, and I'm now wearing a Tissot LeLocle daily. I want to find a Vostok Komandirskie next; I'd love to try a hand-wind only watch.

I'm always in search for a good cup of coffee, which has been a challenge since moving here from Portland OR

Where are you? I only know of two really great coffee places - Vespr in Waterford Lakes, and Zanzibar in Longwood.

Edited by jesse

Welcome, Shane !

I use to know a left-handed "Shane" , who played pro baseball. It has been a long time. i hope he is well.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Fascinating.. sadly I do not associate with sports.. seeemed to be a common name growing up cause I knew three

A meetup sounds fun to me :). I'm in Altamonte.

I've also recently become interested in watches. My first mechanical was a Seiko 5, and I'm now wearing a Tissot LeLocle daily. I want to find a Vostok Komandirskie next; I'd love to try a hand-wind only watch.

Where are you? I only know of two really great coffee places - Vespr in Waterford Lakes, and Zanzibar in Longwood.

Wow too cool! My initial collection started with antique pocket watches. Which I have quite a few now. All of which are still working, Holding decent time and of course are hand wound. My crown jewel watch right now in my wrist watch collection is my oris pro diver with ceramic bezel. My most favorite watch was my Ulysses nardin San Marco that I had to sell. But that company is based out of loloctle as well. Gotta love the value of tissot when you get a valjoux movement inside For a fraction of the cost as others. And ironically again I live in Waterford lakes area near alafaya and golf way.. 😀

I originally hail from KY. Can't help you much with the coffee, don't touch the stuff.

You're not too far from me then. I'm near 528 & 417 intersection, I occasionally run up to Waterford Lakes to hit the Barnes & Noble or some of the other stores.

You guys have me beat on watches. I have a nice Invicta that I bought at a duty free shop while on vacation. I do love nice watches though. One of these days.....

• 2 months later...

You are welcome. I am a transplant as well, but I don't miss the snow. LOL. Perhaps we can organize an Orlando pen meetup sometime. It's rare for me to find anyone face to face as well. That's why I enjoy this forum.

I have since been to Sam flax. Wonderful place for fountain pen enthusiast! Very happy to have been told of this place, and I'd love to set time up at some point for a pen chat over coffee or something, as I too have very few folks that I can converse with face to face about this niche hobby. Give me call or text sometime, 7203234966

Welcome, Shane !

I use to know a left-handed "Shane" , who played pro baseball. It has been a long time. i hope he is well.

Danke, du sprechen sie deutch?