When To Undertake Action?

GJMekenkamp

Hi,

I ordered amongst others a Wing Sung 2007 from China (from a wellknown and very reputable seller).

But: according to the eBay 'expected delivery' I should have already received it.

Normally I have it even before the first day I can expect to receive it. (example: when eBay says: expected delivery : 8 november - 8 december, I usually receive it at 6-7 november.

But I have been waiting for this pen more than a month.

When do you take action and contact the seller? And how? Do you just send him a message or do you directly request another item, or....?

Looking forward to hear your experiences!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• GJMekenkamp

• Sasha Royale

• ac12

I am in a similar position to you, currently I am waiting on two Baoer pens (508 & 517) from a seller.

At day 40 (25 Oct, the last date of the expected delivery period) I contacted the seller with an information message to say that they had not arrived, but I would wait until the date flagged in their sale info (day 60, 14 Nov) as the day to contact them on non-arrival. I got a reply assuring me they would arrive - now it is day 55 and I have no such expectation. So, next Monday, I am going to contact them again and probably press the 'I Didn't receive it' menu option in my E-Bay summary.

Enough about my problem.

Does the seller give a contact date in their sale stuff? If yes, contact them now to say it's not arrived & wait until the suggested day. If not, and it's now at/beyond the expected delivery day, press the 'I Didn't Receive It' menu option. It goes official through E-Bay then, & it cannot be ignored by the seller.

Regards,

Richard.

The seller has indeed put an extra expected date of delivery in the description of the pen.

Thanks for your help Richard!

I'll post an update as soon as I either received the item on time or didn't receive it on time.

Greetings,

GJ

I think it may be the way PRC schedules shipping. I believe that China Post dispatches a mail container only when it is full. On Ebay, the listing usually gives an arrive date range. On the last day, I contact the seller and advise non-arrival. If the seller asks me to be patient, I wait one week longer. On the seventh day, I file for refund.

I don't fault the seller for using an unreliable delivery system. However, it is also not my concern that he does. I have encountered four or five such cases. The most recent was October 2015. None of the items has ever arrived after the cancellation / refund.

This is part of "cost" of doing business with PRC sellers. With sellers in India, delivery has been highly reliable, though patience-testingly long. From Europe, the cost is usually very high shipping cost. It is part of the cost of "this thing of ours". :rolleyes:

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

I give them to the end of the expected delivery period.

I too have noticed that it seems that they ship in batches/containers, to give us the low shipping cost. So somethings get delivered quickly (got loaded when the container was almost full), other took longer (when the container was mostly empty).

A day or so after the expected delivery period, I message the seller, advising that I have not received the item, just to have it on record.

The seller has always responded.

Some times they ask me to wait longer (and the item arrives late) other times they send a replacement.

In all cases where they send a replacement, I have NEVER received the original item, which is lost in mail hell.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

2 days before the expected delivery period I received the pen.

I have not yet found time to properly clean/flush the pen, but after a quick inspection it seems like it will work properly (will try it out tomorrow (hopefully)).

By the way: the way this pen looks, the way it feels when holding it, OH BOY I like this pen! Now I even more hope it works properly :)

I, on the other hand, have had to go & send an official 'I Did Not Receive This Item' and have been told to wait a further 8 days before E-Bay are willing to officially step in.

Anyway, it's good you've got the pen, and to hear another paean of praise for the WS2007 is making me even more inclined to get one.

Regards,

Richard

I wait until the end of the eBay expected delivery period, then I contact the seller, and file an item not received case with eBay. The reasons you need to do this are because eBay makes you wait for a further 8 days, and you need to adhere to their time scale in order to ensure you qualify for a full refund in the event of non-receipt. You shouldn't allow yourself to 'run out of time' for filing an eBay case.

Once you've filed it, if you receive the item within the next 8 days, then you can close the case.