The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Very Interesting Pen On Kickstarter

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Aysedasi

Aysedasi

24 Heures du Mans and Oblique Addict

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2018 - 19:19

I've had it for about 6 months now....  I badgered the guy so much he just apologised (after several previous apologies) and it arrived soon after.  

Sponsored Content

#22 Aysedasi

Aysedasi

24 Heures du Mans and Oblique Addict

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2018 - 19:21

Interesting design but you haven’t gained anything more over the other pen based on schmit nibs.

Other than it looks (and feels) completely different to any other pen I've ever owned.....  If the nib and how it writes was the only concern, you'd only ever buy one pen that takes stock nibs.....

Edited by Aysedasi, 03 February 2018 - 19:21.

#23 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:50

I've had it for about 6 months now....  I badgered the guy so much he just apologised (after several previous apologies) and it arrived soon after.

Wow, which route did you use to contact him? He seems to have gone utterly to ground now, but I have some sympathies for the nightmare he's found himself in. I would very much like to get my pen though!

#24 Inkling13

Inkling13

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:41

Wow, which route did you use to contact him? He seems to have gone utterly to ground now, but I have some sympathies for the nightmare he's found himself in. I would very much like to get my pen though!

I am not surprised to find out that the owner has ghosted. Some ghost before production, some in the middle of production, some even ghost after the product is shipped 1/2 of the way. Either way, I've been burned way too many times on KS. There isn't much accountability on KS, other than to be able to make a cool sales pitch, the project makers aren't on the hook for much. 

#25 jayKellner

jayKellner

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2018 - 15:33

I've seen them in paperworld. 

#26 SpecTP

SpecTP

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:23

I received a private message from Carlo that he plans to ship out remaining pens by the end of March.

#27 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,098 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:52

Yes, I think he's communicated with everyone who's still waiting for their pen. That's really good news, as all those who have received theirs seem very pleased with it.

#28 shahrincamille

shahrincamille

Hunter-killer

• Member - Gold

• 884 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:09

It's unfortunate that apparently there are still backers who haven't received their rewards.

I believe Carlo is having cash flow problems that's preventing him completing the project. He probably had to pay for some essential parts, and he could not cough out the cash for that at the moment. If I recalled correctly, he had hinted about this issue in a past update/ comment, and I believe that's also the reason why he had resorted to selling the pens online elsewhere despite not having completed delivery of the rewards to all of the backers, in order to raise the funds. He had probably underestimated the true cost of running the project to completion.

I hope all of the backers of the Electa pen will eventually receive their pens. Carlo should've been more forthcoming with the real reason(s) for this delay, since I just cannot buy his reasoning that he needed more time to hand-finish all the pens - even if he were to work on just 1 pen daily for the remaining undelivered ones, he would've completed it a long time ago.

Shahrin B)

Sponsored Content

|