The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Why Has My Waterman Suddenly Started To Skip?

nib waterman skip inkflow

45 replies to this topic

#41 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,424 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 17:03

Tiny thin slices of material are worn off on feed and section....the more one pulls the nib and feed, the more material can be worn off, making for a lesser fit.....

Warranty....is why one has a working second pen.....

Well you have learned a lot.

First thing you learned and quite late, use your warranty first.

You now know how to fiddle 'that' problem with a pen out of warranty.

A pen should be taken apart as little as possible....so look up the problem in the Repair Section first, and in detail before starting.

For C/C pens you now have enough knowledge :thumbup: ;) .

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Sponsored Content

#42 lordfkiller

lordfkiller

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2016 - 21:16

Every time you pull a nib and feed you add unwarranted wear and run the rick of creating yet new problems.  Even pens where it is easy to screw out the nib and feed were not meant as a way to clean the pen or as a general practice.

That's not good. I hope I haven't damaged it. It seems to have fit snugly though.

#43 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,136 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2016 - 21:26

That's not good. I hope I haven't damaged it. It seems to have fit snugly though.

If it's working then all is well.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#44 Old Salt

Old Salt

Old Salt

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:36

Well, how is it working? You know, we won't be able to rest until we know that the surgery has been a success.

#45 Force

Force

Fergus 1998-2015

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,299 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:09

Read post #11 here and look at the converter.

The OP has switched to cartridges which cured the problem.

I suspect another failure of the latest version.

#46 lordfkiller

lordfkiller

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2016 - 15:26

Well, how is it working? You know, we won't be able to rest until we know that the surgery has been a success.

Sorry for the delay. It's better after all the cleaning, but the ink flow is still clearly disturbed. I've now tested with both cartridge and ink from a new bottle (both Waterman). I think I'm going to send it in for warranty.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nib, waterman, skip, inkflow

Sponsored Content

|