Montblanc Shakespeare Velvet Red

lgsoltek

Well no, it's really not a problem. They still sell it, and let you know it'll be a delay; it's not like it's gone forever and they just take your money and run. And they'll tell you whether it's there if you simply ask. I'd rather they continue to spend their time on their good customer service and quick dispatch of orders than bothering to update hundreds of products whether it's in their physical location or not.

Yeah I know they are good people. Although the delay is not something they can control, when you order something and are told to wait a month and turns out to be two months, that doesn't make you feel very good. And that has happened to me twice.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lgsoltek

• praxim

• ca49reber

• EklecticMonkey

That has happened to me 5 or 6 times. I always did end up getting the ink, but I've also gotten used to these shenanigans.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Yeah I know they are good people. Although the delay is not something they can control, when you order something and are told to wait a month and turns out to be two months, that doesn't make you feel very good. And that has happened to me twice.

Yeah I get that, I mean my very first order from them included a Diamine ink, among other things, that, of course, wound up not being one they had in stock, so I had to wait several weeks. And this was my first real fountain pen order, in general! Frustrating, but they're so friendly about it all, it's impossible to be upset by it. Now, I just take my chances and know there may be a little waiting involved, but that they'll order it and get it as soon as they can. :)

That has happened to me 5 or 6 times. I always did end up getting the ink, but I've also gotten used to these shenanigans.

It has happened to me twice... and I am not use to shenanigans.... Last time, I paid for Aquamarine (pre-order)... and I got it approx 6 months later. I did ask.. 3 months in... why was it taking this long, I was told.. they did get a batch, but it was sold quickly.... So my questions is: "Why did I pre-order then???" :huh:

Right now.. I think I have been waiting 3months for Shakespeare red... I was not informed they have it in stock, I guess I will have to check again. And yes, I am in the pre-order list.... I didn't pay this time thou.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Who does not have a computerised stock system from which the web site or at least your order request can not be updated immediately?

Not that they are local to me anyway but I would not patronise such a firm.

X

Who does not have a computerised stock system from which the web site or at least your order request can not be updated immediately?

Not that they are local to me anyway but I would not patronise such a firm.

I understand your point of view, but I have a different approach with them due to my excellent experiences.

I had a couple of orders delayed from them because there were inks out of stock. While I agree that it can be frustrating not to know in advance if the item is in stock or not, it seems to me that they are genuinely nice people and they always try to do right by the customer.

I have dealt with some famous dealers that have competitive prices but are prima donnas and will scold you for trying to change anything in your order. That never happens with Dennis and his team: in my experience they will do anything they can to accommodate you. But, in the end, they are only humans. So, for me it is a no brainer: if they offer what I'm looking for at a competitive price (and, in general, they do), I'll buy from them. YMMV, of course.

Cheers.

Limited edition inks are just frustrating, I am sure equally for the vendor as well as the customer. I just experienced this with Engeika, when ordering the latest Sailor Four Seasons' inks, they showed "in stock," @ the time of order, but did not arrive until 2 months later. However this was still earlier than they appeared with US vendors.

I just ordered Shakespeare Velvet Red from LCC this weekend & today received confirmation,"my order will dispatch today," so perhaps they are "back in inventory." If NOT, what have I lost, since MB USA today told me "they are STILL expecting an order," the same "status" from two months ago after they had told me it was "in stock" only to discover,"oopsey, someone entered the inventory as 1,000 instead of ZERO!"

So I just try to be patient when ordering ANY ink that is "new, limited, etc." What choice do we really have?

To round out my comment earlier, I consider the following two substantially equal among established firms: good staff, inadequate systems; or rude staff, excellent systems.

The system is part of their information to you, part of their interaction with the customer, so it is nigh as discourteous as personal rudeness not to provide something useable and of at least an average standard for the industry. I did not mean to suggest that I would like the second option, unhelpful staff with flash computers, any more than the converse.

I grant that simply obtaining an unusual item or one of uncertain delivery from the wholesaler can be difficult. This does not prevent you (the seller) from knowing whether you currently have it or not, and promptly communicating what you know to your client. Firms which do not manage every part of their customer communication flow will be overrun by competitors in time. Take it as a cold commercial view, not a comment on any particular company, person or preference.

X

This does not prevent you (the seller) from knowing whether you currently have it or not, and promptly communicating what you know to your client. Firms which do not manage every part of their customer communication flow will be overrun by competitors in time. Take it as a cold commercial view, not a comment on any particular company, person or preference.

Except they do know whether they have it in stock, and they will promptly tell you if you bother to take the 15 seconds to shoot off an email to them. Their website does not display things as in or out of stock, it simply shows they currently sell them, and if you order it they will either send it to you ASAP or place their own order for it ASAP if they don't have it on hand, while sending you an email letting you know the state of things.

In my experience, selective quotation often facilitates missing the point in context. :unsure:

I am not trying to have an argument here so I will depart to await my bottle of MB S V R, which should be here by Friday. That is something to which I am looking forward. :happyberet:

cheers

P

X

• 1 month later...

i try buy this ink, but always sold out..

mb shakespeare,mb gandhi, and mb JFK those 3 in my wishlist

I ordered Shakespeare & JFK yesterday from Akkerman.

So is the ink. :)

I have tried it now and am very happy with the colour, having initially been unexcited by the images as they appeared on my uncalibrated screen.

X

Great review, as allways. Thank you.

I love this red. Second, after LV Rouge Libertin.

I've never seen LV Rouge Libertin for sale. Is there a seller in France?

Is shakespeare red done for good or will there be more batches? Some websites have pre-orders up and wasn't sure if that is for real or not. Want to know if I should spend the extra cash on ebay or just wait my turn for a bottle or two at retail price

Is shakespeare red done for good or will there be more batches? Some websites have pre-orders up and wasn't sure if that is for real or not. Want to know if I should spend the extra cash on ebay or just wait my turn for a bottle or two at retail price

IMHO if it is a color you would really enjoy, I wouldn't wait. I would just buy it on eBay and really enjoy it. Use it often.

IMHO if it is a color you would really enjoy, I wouldn't wait. I would just buy it on eBay and really enjoy it. Use it often.

I ordered some MB Shakespeare from Akkerman retail a week ago. I haven't received it yet but they haven't said it isn't being sent.