The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

New Ink Review: Diamine Lilac Satin Shimmer 2016

diamine lilac satin shimmer diamine shimmer diamine lilac satin diamine lilac ink diamine purple ink lilac satin ink diamine shimmer ink

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:21

I've heard that the release date for these new inks is 4th November; Fountain Pen Day, so I'm posting separate reviews for them on here. I assume they will come in the same type of bottles as the previous set of shimmer inks, but I haven't seen the retail bottles yet.

• Currently I only have samples that Diamine very kindly sent me to test, and to review 'if I wanted to', but I've noticed that my samples don't need much shaking to mix the particles in, and the pens need very little shaking once they are filled.

• Generally speaking, I found all 12 of these new shimmer inks to be wetter than all of the other shimmer inks I have used.

• I have had these inks in these pens for over 2 weeks now. Every pen/ink combination has started straight away without a problem, and I have experienced no stopping or skipping.

• Some take longer to dry than others, and a couple just soaked into the paper straight away. The most saturated inks will show through and bleed through on cheap paper.

• None of them are waterproof inks.

Diamine Shimmer Lilac Satin is a subtle lilac ink. It's not a heavily saturated ink and comes with silver shimmer. The silver shimmer shows up really easily. I used my Pilot Custom 74 that has a M nib and I had no trouble seeing the silver effect. This ink feels quite wet, but dries reasonably quickly.

The first picture is a scanned review form, and the second is a photo. These have been adjusted with Photoshop to get the colour you see to look as close as possible to the actual ink colour.

fpn_1478082036__diamine_lilac_satin.jpegfpn_1478082072__diamine_lilac_satin_ink_

Sponsored Content

#2 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 November 2016 - 17:05

Fabulous review, thank you! I loved the shading you got in the images.

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

#3 Oranges and Apples

Oranges and Apples

Vantage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 17:25

Thank you for the review. It seems very interesting.

#4 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:19

Fabulous review, thank you! I loved the shading you got in the images.

Thank you, and you're welcome.  :)  Lilac Satin shades very well.

#5 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:19

Thank you for the review. It seems very interesting.

Thank you and you're welcome.  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine lilac satin shimmer, diamine shimmer, diamine lilac satin, diamine lilac ink, diamine purple ink, lilac satin ink, diamine shimmer ink

Sponsored Content

|