I've heard that the release date for these new inks is 4th November; Fountain Pen Day, so I'm posting separate reviews for them on here. I assume they will come in the same type of bottles as the previous set of shimmer inks, but I haven't seen the retail bottles yet.
- Currently I only have samples that Diamine very kindly sent me to test, and to review 'if I wanted to', but I've noticed that my samples don't need much shaking to mix the particles in, and the pens need very little shaking once they are filled.
- Generally speaking, I found all 12 of these new shimmer inks to be wetter than all of the other shimmer inks I have used.
- I have had these inks in these pens for over 2 weeks now. Every pen/ink combination has started straight away without a problem, and I have experienced no stopping or skipping.
- Some take longer to dry than others, and a couple just soaked into the paper straight away. The most saturated inks will show through and bleed through on cheap paper.
- None of them are waterproof inks.
Diamine Shimmer Caramel Sparkle is a caramel/terracotta ink similar to Diamine Terracotta but it looks slightly more yellow. It's a quite saturated ink and has gold shimmer. The gold shimmer shows up easily. I used a Stipula that has a M nib and I had no trouble seeing the gold effect. This one is quite wet and took longer to dry than some of these inks.