Identifying A Vintage Pen From Descriptions?

svery

My not-so-interested-in-fountain-pens mother went to the Scriptus pen show with me and spotted a vintage pen she loved the look of but thought the nib was too wide. When she made up her mind to buy it the pen is gone...

The not-so-interested-in-fountain-pens part came in here that she didn't check the brand of the pen, nor did she take a picture as her phone died. So she's only got a description to find the pen, with which my Googling doesn't do much.

I know this is probably a long shot but here goes, the descriptions ranked from clearest to fuzziest:

• Green marbled pen with fine flecks, that is, less like this and more like this. More specifically "the flecks have average diameter around 0.5 cm". The green is darker than that in the first picture but it could be the lighting.
  • There's one pen made of the exact same material (and similar enough to be from the same brand) next to it that looks distinctive--the grip is huge and sort of triangular shaped (nib down) instead of cylindrical. It also has a huge nib. (Not sure what the term for this sort of grip is, I think it may be easier to look from here)
  • Very shiny. I included this as most other green marbled pens she saw seemed dull to her.
  • (Unsure) says 'Germany' somewhere on the pen, likely the nib. I didn't post in the Europe section as this one she isn't very sure about. I personally think it's more likely that she saw an IPG pen elsewhere and mixed up the memories as, well, the vast majority of vintage pens at the pen show are American.

Does anyone know of a pen that matches those descriptions?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• svery

• dogpoet

• Larry Barrieau

• BenLeung

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the seller whose stall your mother saw the pen upon has a web presence that names and shows the stock they moved at Scriptus? If they use anything besides twitter, there might be a picture of it there...

Edited by dogpoet

Omas 360?

Doesn't seem very similar both in appearance and in price. I've included the price information below.

Price range might help.

The price for the one she wanted is $70. The 'weird' one which seems to be of the same set is $265.

She also saw a pair of bright purple marbled pens of similar design, including the weird one. I don't think there are many purple pens but again can't find much on this.

Perhaps the seller whose stall your mother saw the pen upon has a web presence that names and shows the stock they moved at Scriptus? If they use anything besides twitter, there might be a picture of it there...

Unfortunately the seller doesn't have a website, but he does have his email online. I'll email him.

Edited by svery