• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gylyf

• Ghost Plane

• mehandiratta

• Abner C. Kemp

One of my favorite variants of this hue!

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of their other colors, but KWZ Ink certainly has a handle on their greens.

While I prefer KWZ #1 Green Gold to #2, I do agree that you should try it! Mixing equal parts of both gives one a lush, earthy color.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

One of my favorite variants of this hue!

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of their other colors, but KWZ Ink certainly has a handle on their greens.

While I prefer KWZ #1 Green Gold to #2, I do agree that you should try it! Mixing equal parts of both gives one a lush, earthy color.

I'll have to try that! :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oo, this is nice! But I also love Green Gold #2. I have a sample of it -- Mrs. KWZ kindly sent me samples to share at a Polish Pen Posse and the Madrid Pen Show -- and I have been struggling with not buying ten bottles of ink (I definitely want Brown #4 and (now a list of the samples follows --argh!)).

I need to get to a Warsaw pen meeting when Mr. and Mrs. KWZ are there so I can finally figure out which colors I want (I don't want TOO MANY bottles, is the problem. I suppose it is a nice problem to have.).

P.S. Why do I look at KWZ ink reviews? Why?

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Oo, this is nice! But I also love Green Gold #2. I have a sample of it -- Mrs. KWZ kindly sent me samples to share at a Polish Pen Posse and the Madrid Pen Show -- and I have been struggling with not buying ten bottles of ink (I definitely want Brown #4 and (now a list of the samples follows --argh!)).

I need to get to a Warsaw pen meeting when Mr. and Mrs. KWZ are there so I can finally figure out which colors I want (I don't want TOO MANY bottles, is the problem. I suppose it is a nice problem to have.).

I'm also having a difficult time not accumulating KWZ inks - every sample I try (within my preferred color ranges), I want a bottle of...

Thanks for the review. This is my first KWZ ink and my early experiences are also very favourable. Now I'm looking forward to trying their IG inks, too.

Thanks for the review. This is my first KWZ ink and my early experiences are also very favourable. Now I'm looking forward to trying their IG inks, too.

You will love them. I'm turning into an IG Red #1 addict except for my attraction to IG Turquoise and all those lovely murky regular colors. Sigh...

Thank you for the review. I now have this ink, to add to my growing stockpile of KWZ - six inks so far. The last KWZ I bought was the Iron Gall Red #3 which I like a lot. Where will it end? :rolleyes:

Pens: Conid Kingsize ebonite (x2)
Inks: 
  KWZ Dark Brown / KWZ IG Orange / Diamine Chocolate / Diamine Burnt Sienna / Diamine Ochre / Monteverde Scotch Brown

I"m another one who has a preference for Green Gold #2, which is brighter and a bit less murky (and also a little more legible than R&K Alt Gold-grün.

Thanks for the review, though.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I look @ the reviews of the KWZ inks because I can discover something ELSE wonderful, like Aztec or El Dorado!

Edited by Barkingpig

• 3 months later...

Have this running in a Cross Townsend with Gold medium nib. Lubrication isn't that great, with a lot of hard Starts.