Cyber6

+1, AND another for a very generous friend, who shares ink treasures like no other!

I am amazed that Vanness made this ink available for purchase concurrently with the Scriptus Toronto "debut" of same. To be introduced here @ almost midnite Wednesday & receive notice of shipment on Saturday is unbelievable to me. BUT the manner in which they conduct their business is equally astounding; I am constantly amazed @ the offerings they provide for their customers.

"The usual disclaimers: I am not related to, married to nor employed by the Vanness Pen Co, BUT surely glad to be a customer!"

Thank you for shopping/ visiting/ updating us! Look I made it into FPN- late at night but still....

Lisa

vanness1938@sbcglobal.net

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/VintagePen/vanness.jpg
Selling fountain pens, ink, paper & related items since 1938

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• niunia

• lgsoltek

• Barkingpig

Received a bottle of this excellent ink last week (thank you, Jack) and immediately filled my Ranga Zeal with broad nib and my Esterbrook copper bandless with #2284 nib. I have been writing and doodling with it ever since. I'm not exagerating when I say this has become my favorite ink of all time! It is amazing to watch it go down light gold and immediately transform to dark honey in color. It is extremely well behaved and dries relatively fast. In summary, it is an excellent ink. I tried to order another bottle from Vanness but they've already sold out. Will definitely get in line for this one.

Highly recommend!! Don't let this one get away from you.

Thanks again to Cyber6 (for annoying) and Konrad and Mrs K for complying in the creation of this awesome ink.

Mary

Received a bottle of this excellent ink last week (thank you, Jack) and immediately filled my Ranga Zeal with broad nib and my Esterbrook copper bandless with #2284 nib. I have been writing and doodling with it ever since. I'm not exagerating when I say this has become my favorite ink of all time! It is amazing to watch it go down light gold and immediately transform to dark honey in color. It is extremely well behaved and dries relatively fast. In summary, it is an excellent ink. I tried to order another bottle from Vanness but they've already sold out. Will definitely get in line for this one.

Highly recommend!! Don't let this one get away from you.

Thanks again to Cyber6 (for annoying) and Konrad and Mrs K for complying in the creation of this awesome ink.

Mary

I feel like crying.... I have never been complimented for being annoying... Is really one of my best traits... :lol: :lol: .... (as my kids will tell you... :roller1: :roller1:)

You are very welcome... I will speak for Konrad and Agnieszka on this one... it bring us pleasure to bring YOU pleasure... :wub: :wub:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

STUNNING thank you for the gloriously delicious review. I love the original colour, less so the oxidised version.

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Thanks, again, to barkingpig for the sample. As much as I want to love this ink, I have a love-hate relationship with iron gall inks. You can never predict just how dark the ink will turn and in how much time. If you love IG inks, I am happy for you, but they don't quite work for me...

fpn_1478387224__2016-11-05_185316.jpg

Just filled a pen with this ink finally, and I am glad I was able to grab a bottle! I am one of those people who really gets a kick out of the whole oxidization process, and this is by far the least subtle IG inks when it comes to oxidizing! It's a bit darker than KWZ Honey, but fits nicely on a page with it. It behaves as expected for an IG ink. I am currently using it in an Easterbrook Dollar with a 2668 nib, which has a medium wetness to it.

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

I am using this ink to take notes now. I started last night. I love this ink & the color that it changes to be. This is my 1st experience with an IG ink & I am using it in a TWSBI VAC mini.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe I missed it in the forum, but where can one obtain this ink? (living in Canada)

Thanks in advance

Hi Muncie... I definitely have some extras. I'll send you a PM.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• 2 weeks later...