The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lamy Service Turnaround Time

customer service repair nib exchange

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cezza

Cezza

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2016 - 20:10

Hey guys,

Anyone know what their average wait time was for getting a nib exchanged at the Lamy repair centre in Heidelberg? I sent my Lamy 2000 from the UK (f) in September and got a confirmation email to say it was delivered around the 28th September. It's now towards the end of October but have not had anything in the post yet or an email to say it's on it's way.

Is this a usual amount of time to wait for Lamy Germany to send a pen back for a nib exchange only? And what were your experiences with their customer service? The initial interaction I had was pleasant enough but I was just wondering if this was an exception to the otherwise efficient service?

Sponsored Content

#2 nectarmk

nectarmk

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 22:07

Hi there

I sent them 2 lamy 2000 from UK (the nib was damaged on one, the other one to exchange from M to OM). Before sending the pens I contacted them -they replied with email. They asked me to print their email and send it with the pens,as their reference.

I sent the pens on the 7th October and got them back 2 days ago (23rd). They did not charge me anything - the service was excellent.

They did not send me a confirmatory email when they received the pens or when they send it back.

Hopefully you will just receive the pen one day soon. :)

#3 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,530 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:29

Lamy Germany, is reputed to be slow for repairs....but is FREE.  Also for older pens...not under warrantee.

Pelikan Germany too.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#4 lurcho

lurcho

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:56

Please be patient. I've just this second described my experience with Lamy's repair centre on a separate thread. They are absolutely hopeless at replying. And you'll get more and more fed up, angry, and suspicious. Then one day your pen appears in the mail, bill-free, fully-fixed.

My advice is to completely forget about your pen for several weeks. Be utterly Zennish about it, knowing that if anyone can fix your pen properly, a German technician can.

Edited by lurcho, 16 November 2016 - 01:57.

#5 Edelstein

Edelstein

Indonesian Fountain Pen Community

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:18

Please be patient. I've just this second described my experience with Lamy's repair centre on a separate thread. They are absolutely hopeless at replying. And you'll get more and more fed up, angry, and suspicious. Then one day your pen appears in the mail, bill-free, fully-fixed.

My advice is to completely forget about your pen for several weeks. Be utterly Zennish about it, knowing that if anyone can fix your pen properly, a German technician can.

100% agree

#6 Cezza

Cezza

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:58

Well I found out that Lamy got a package ages ago....with no pen in there  :angry: I'm having very strong words with the courier company to get a refund on it - I've since bought one from Goulet with an EF nib - no problems whatsoever. Moral of the story - use a reliable courier service and go with a trusted company

#7 lurcho

lurcho

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:34

Well I found out that Lamy got a package ages ago....with no pen in there  :angry: I'm having very strong words with the courier company to get a refund on it - I've since bought one from Goulet with an EF nib - no problems whatsoever. Moral of the story - use a reliable courier service and go with a trusted company

Well, that can also happen, of course!

Hope you get your refund. Shouldn't be an issue, you'd think.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: customer service, repair, nib exchange

Sponsored Content

|