The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Namisu Nova Sandblasted Titanium (Ti Nib)

namisu nova titanium pen nakaya bock nib kwz iron gall

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 penseroso

penseroso

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 21:14

Very interesting review.  I have not come across Namisu before.  My first reaction was its similarity to the Nakaya TI Piccolo (which you note) although there is a massive difference, not least in price (x10).  Indeed it seems as if Namisu may well have been using the Nakaya as a model for a less expensive version.  Also the Nakaya is a third as much again in weight and although it is perfectly balanced (it doesn't post, just like the Namisu)  as you would expect from Nakaya, it feels too heavy for a pen of this small size.  For those who love metal-bodied pens, small in size but with some heft, Namisu seems a brilliant solution.  Having said this, many find the Piccolo-sized pen too small - I don't - and combined with the weight of 30 grams one might ask whether a long writing session wouldn't tire.

Edited by penseroso, 01 November 2016 - 21:15.

Sponsored Content

#22 VodnikVolsovecek

VodnikVolsovecek

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2016 - 15:19

While I'm a bit more into the Karas design, I'm very happy that the concept of "raw, rough & tough pen" has several faces right now. I have missed it for quite a long time.

It may be worth to have a look at my classifieds :)

#23 m0rr1s

m0rr1s

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 November 2016 - 19:52

I have just bought a Namisu Orion Aluminium wioth a stell EF nib. The pen worked beautifully straigh tout of the box. the nib is on the 'wetter' side and is smooth for an EF. For the overall cost of £43. I would recommend it. I am now saving up for the Titanium version with a Ti nib.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: namisu, nova, titanium, pen, nakaya, bock, nib, kwz, iron, gall

Sponsored Content

|