Need Help- Is This Boheme Genuine Or Replica?

kuli1961

Hello, from a private seller I was offered this fp as the genuine MB Boheme, no papers&box. Since I have almost no experience with Boheme series, any opinion on authenticity is more than welcomed.

Attached pictures are the only what I could get from a seller.

Thx!

post-107163-0-11787400-1477483015_thumb.jpg

post-107163-0-46421300-1477483028_thumb.jpg

post-107163-0-33436200-1477483050_thumb.jpg

post-107163-0-90684500-1477483066_thumb.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kuli1961

• Chrissy

• HermetiC

• jar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sure i Checked with Boheme Chart here on FPN.. If it happen it Is Doue Platinum, then the pen didn't get any attention it needed...

Do not know, I'even not sure that a seller knows what is a retractable nib. Lucky part of this story is that the seller offers me to send the pen to me (we live in different towns) and If I (with a help of FPN experts, sure) establish it's genuine, my obligation will be just to send him the money....

I think the Bohème Doue Platinum was only made in the small size (not medium), with retractable nib 18K.

I have this pen and can't see anything wrong in the pics, but I would confirm that the nib is retractable.

Edited by HermetiC

I think the Bohème Doue Platinum was only made in the small size (not medium), with retractable nib 18K.

I have this pen and can't see anything wrong in the pics, but I would confirm that the nib is retractable.

I thought this model was only made in the small (retractable nib size) too.

The pen should arrive tomorrow. If it happens, I will post some pics, hoping that my Huawei smartphone camera will do the job (clarity of pictures).

According to the chart at:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/311525-montblanc-boheme-chart/

and the pics above, the pen might be Doue Platinum (please, see the body trim), and therefore- small size, retractable nib (ref. HermetiC and Chrissy)?

The gem on the clip is black (onyx), it's shape (cut) still cannot be clarified.

To which other fundamental elements of the pen should I pay attention to?

If it is not retractable, but converter IIRC and midsize, does this means it's fake/replica or it's genuine Boheme (reference- JAR's post)?

Can anyone guide me- what is the length of small and midsize Boheme?

Thanks friends, any further opinion&position is very, very valuable.. do not want to support trade of fakes, regardless the fact the seller acts bona fidae.

I have this pen, and from the photos, it appears genuine. It would be awesome to ascertain when you get it in your hands. Most important and quickest way to make sure it's the real things is the retractable nib. Also don't freak out if it says made in France. Don't know why...

Edited by gerigo

If it appears to be genuine Boheme Doue Platinum, is the price asked-circa 125 EUR -reasonable, assuming the pen is in good working condition, with normal signs of use (meaning- no cracks, no other visible damages), no box/papers, and above all- the pen was not stolen nor a subject of any kind of theft?

If it appears to be genuine Boheme Doue Platinum, is the price asked-circa 125 EUR -reasonable, assuming the pen is in good working condition, with normal signs of use (meaning- no cracks, no other visible damages), no box/papers, and above all- the pen was not stolen nor a subject of any kind of theft?

The price sounds reasonable for an authentic Boheme Doue Platinum. :)

If it doesn't have a retractable nib then it's not authentic.

That's a real bargain. I've paid much more for mine.

It looks genuine to me as you can just make out the hinge on the bottom picture, where the cap will open and the mechanism can be turned to insert the cartridge/retract the nib.

Good price too, I would expect to pay twice that.

Boheme Doue Platinum has arrived today.

First impressions:

-looks genuine. retractable nib, excellent smooth writer

-no visible cracks and damages, on the mid body ring (detachable)- text is "MONTBLANC BOHEME", with dot between the words, well centered;

- serial number on the clip ring - VD1009804, "FRANCE" (Gerigo- I'm not freakin'out :) )

onyx gem- looks it has a proper facet cuts

clip- looks genuine

-nib- monotone- white gold/platinum (?) ,4810, 18 K, the rest is probably "montblanc, 750 StoD (cannot read right now, I have no loupe here with me)

average dimensions: capped- 110 mm, uncapped -90 mm, uncapped, nib retracted- cca 110 mm, cap length- cca 42 mm

BUT- is it a flaw- the cap cannot be posted (screwed) on the pen body?????

Is it attributable to Doue Platinum only? I've seen several Boheme reviews on Youtube, and any other version of Boheme cap can be posted.

Also, is ti related to the length of the post ("pin") inside the cap?

The length of the screw on the pen body,where the cap should be posted (screwed) is cca 5 mm.

Here are the first pics:

post-107163-0-02132000-1477651912_thumb.jpg

post-107163-0-39825400-1477651931_thumb.jpg

post-107163-0-14098300-1477651944_thumb.jpg

post-107163-0-55451200-1477651957_thumb.jpg

post-107163-0-46188300-1477651984_thumb.jpg

I've never seen a Boheme that can't have it's cap screwed onto it's body. Surely that can't be right? That's the one feature that makes it a bigger pen in the hand. Exactly what is stopping it screwing on?

Is the pin loose inside the cap? Maybe it has become partially unscrewed? If you push the cap onto the back of the pen how far short of the threads are you?

I do not know what is stopping?

Following the Boheme review at:

(please pay attention to timeline 1,19 and a few seconds further)- I tried clockwise, counter clockwise, but the cap simply cannot be posted (screwed) to the body...

it spins and spins, but no grip to the screws (hope U understand my bad English).

Is it possible to dismantle the cap in order to remove the pin(post) in the cap, and then try this way?

Also, the cap screws to the body (closed position) for a just a half or 3/4 of one circle.

Sincerely, the pen looks nice, looks genuine,retractable mechanism works perfectly, nib slips nicely onto the paper, I really like the pen. But, this problem....

As a matter of the pen size in the hand, I have no problem with it, uncapped, but I wish my pen has a full functionality, regardless the price asked appears to be a bargain.

Is the pin loose inside the cap? Maybe it has become partially unscrewed? If you push the cap onto the back of the pen how far short of the threads are you?

Pin looks firm. How to dismantle the cap?

I'm short about 1 mm, please look at the picture:

post-107163-0-93924400-1477654951_thumb.jpg

Also, on the inner top back side of the pen, the movable part which covers the cartridge, it's written "DO NOT REMOVE".

The pen is autthentic, no doubt. Really a bargain.

BUT- is it a flaw- the cap cannot be posted (screwed) on the pen body?????

Is it attributable to Doue Platinum only?

No, mine can be posted as any other Bohème. Is the thread OK?