Mb Cap Writing

Uklarka

Hi folks

First MB classique arrived today.

On close inspection I have noted a blemish near the "pix" word (see pic)

Is this normal / faulty / fake?

Thanks

post-132600-0-74649500-1477439207_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Uklarka

• Erik Dalton

• meiers

• Chrissy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to FPN.

In answer to your question: if you post lots of detailed images of your pen (don't forget views of the inside thread and the refill) forum members will gladly share their assessments.

Welcome to FPN.

In answer to your question: if you post lots of detailed images of your pen (don't forget views of the inside thread and the refill) forum members will gladly share their assessments.

+1

can't confirm authenticity... but the mark looks more like encircled "R" ... representing registered trade mark.

Welcome to FPN.

I agree with Meiers, you need to show us more.

I've never seen 'pix' used as a trademark. It may be the photography, but we shouldn't be seeing the edges of the cap bands. They should be flush with the surface of the cap. But, impossible to tell much without better pics.

Include cap band engraving, clip, clip band engraving, snow cap, cap, body, section, nib, and feed. That should do for starters.

Apologies. I just went to check one of my mb 146's with 'pix'. The trademark stamp, right after 'pix' on the cap ring is legit. Not a problem.

Happy to look at the rest of the pen if you show us more.

I have uploaded some more photos

Thank you much

I can see the ® but just below it the platinum is a bit rough. Hard to see in photos.

post-132600-0-54185600-1477469548_thumb.jpeg

post-132600-0-49972600-1477469560_thumb.jpeg

post-132600-0-49831400-1477469574_thumb.jpeg

Nice job with the photos. Looks like you have the real thing.

I have the exact same pen in platinum. The same trademark, and pix engraving. The underside of my clip has only 'pix' engraved. Has anyone else seen 'made in Germany' as is engraved here? When did mb make the change?

Just for info. We ask for photos of the underside of the nib as the configuration helps us date the pen.

Thank you for the replies.

I have posted a few more pictures.

Around & below the ® it's platinum is rough / scratched. I have a zoomed in picture. Hope you can see what I mean.

I don't think it should be there for such a bespoke item. It's almost like its scraped against something.

Let me know what you think.

post-132600-0-06735800-1477521188_thumb.jpeg

post-132600-0-82779800-1477521209_thumb.jpeg

post-132600-0-47996900-1477521224_thumb.jpeg

Are we talking about a brand-new pen or a used item?

Where did you purchase it?

Speaking personally, scratches don't bother me at all. What matters to me is functionality.

How does your pen write? May we see a writing sample?

Edited by meiers

Scratches on a pen are like smile lines on a face, from happy years of writing.

Every pen develops some sort of blemish or scratch, no matter how careful the care. If it's not a brand new Montblanc with papers, I would not over analyze this pen.

Write with it and enjoy it.

I haven't wrote with it yet in case I need to return for another.

It's brand new hence detailed over analysing this defect / blemish. I bought from Costco.

Any suggestion re whether I should use piston coverter or cartridge ink?

It's brand new hence detailed over analysing this defect / blemish. I bought from Costco.

If you are unhappy with that damage, and I would be if I had paid full price for it, then you should return it and either have a different pen or a refund. :)

The pen is a CC filling pen, that is either cartridges or converter. We tend to reserve the word 'piston' for piston filling pens that have a built in internal piston. Like the Meisterstuck 146 or 149 types :)

If you buy bottled ink then you can use the converter, or you can just buy cartridges for it. :)

I'd exchange it.

Hi folks

The new replacement just arrived today.

No blemish noted :-)

Attached a few pics.

Not going to use till my birthday in a few weeks.

Clip writing is different from last one.

post-132600-0-04571300-1478046037_thumb.jpeg

post-132600-0-59151100-1478046051_thumb.jpeg

post-132600-0-93342800-1478046078_thumb.jpeg

post-132600-0-35306600-1478046098_thumb.jpeg