Iguana Sell

Aurora has announced a new 88, the new 88 Sigaro:

post-39484-0-34301400-1477326373_thumb.jpg

Luxury, fashion and design unite to create the new 88 Sigaro. The fountain pen is born from the unmistakable color of tobacco with a refinement of the details.

post-39484-0-31059100-1477326491_thumb.jpg

With only 480 pieces available worldwide, the fountain pens' cap and barrel are created in shiny brown lacquer and gold -plated trims. The nib is 18K solid gold.

post-39484-0-90640900-1477326581_thumb.jpg

The Limited Edition features a special wooden packaging with beige leatherette interior.

post-39484-0-65228500-1477326623_thumb.jpg

For further information please do not hesitate to contact us via info@iguanasell.com

Visit our website:

And many more at iguanasell.com

http://www.iguanasell-pics.com/fotos_tienda/Iguana_Sell_Store_in_Madrid.jpg

Visit our store: 90, Nuñez de Balboa, (Central Business District) Madrid, Spain.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tancred

• Iguana Sell

• Jerome Tarshis

• langere

It is an absolutely stunning pen, but I am not sure how it is an 88 since it has few of the original's characteristics. :unsure:

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Sailor Profit "B" nib running Van Dieman's Night - Shooting Star

The characteristics of the original 88. The illustrated pen is an 88 because Aurora says it is an 88. At least some of their advertising copy for the, ah, postmodern 88 uses, in English, the phrase "virtually identical." That is ludicrous. Whatever the merit of the current 88s as writing instruments, they don't look much like the highly regarded 88 that Nizzoli designed.

One may easily find online pictures of the original 88. Among various differences, the most obvious is that the Nizzoli 88 had a semi-hooded nib reminiscent of the Parker 51's nib.

It's a current Aurora 88, I have a black one with gold trim.

BTW, the OP mentions 18k gold but the pictures clearly shows 14k stamped on the nib. Which is it?

Regards,

Matias

Hi @Mint,

Thank you for your comment!

As Aurora has informed, this new Aurora 88 Sigaro comes with a 18k nib. The pictures are a prototypes from Aurora.

It's a current Aurora 88, I have a black one with gold trim.

BTW, the OP mentions 18k gold but the pictures clearly shows 14k stamped on the nib. Which is it?

Regards,

Matias

Visit our website:

And many more at iguanasell.com

http://www.iguanasell-pics.com/fotos_tienda/Iguana_Sell_Store_in_Madrid.jpg

Visit our store: 90, Nuñez de Balboa, (Central Business District) Madrid, Spain.

It is an absolutely stunning pen, but I am not sure how it is an 88 since it has few of the original's characteristics. :unsure:

Erick

I agree with Erick. I mean if Parker came out with a pen and called it the Parker 51 Elegante and it didn't have the hooded nib, slip cap or any of the other characteristics I think people would be a bit perturbed. The 88 I suppose has morphed into something that only has a few of the characteristics of the original (although from what I understand the new 88s are fantastic pens; if I was flush with cash I'd totally get one but they're way way out of my price range) Edited by Mister5

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

The characteristics of the original 88. The illustrated pen is an 88 because Aurora says it is an 88. At least some of their advertising copy for the, ah, postmodern 88 uses, in English, the phrase "virtually identical." That is ludicrous. Whatever the merit of the current 88s as writing instruments, they don't look much like the highly regarded 88 that Nizzoli designed.

One may easily find online pictures of the original 88. Among various differences, the most obvious is that the Nizzoli 88 had a semi-hooded nib reminiscent of the Parker 51's nib.

So what? It's in the modern style of the 88, and this style has been on sale for a few decades now. If you want a vintage pen, then buy a vintage pen!

If you want to make a comment, make a constructive one instead of denigrating anything that isn't vintage.

I agree with Erick. I mean if Parker came out with a pen and called it the Parker 51 Elegante and it didn't have the hooded nib, slip cap or any of the other characteristics I think people would be a bit perturbed. The 88 I suppose has morphed into something that only has a few of the characteristics of the original (although from what I understand the new 88s are fantastic pens; if I was flush with cash I'd totally get one but they're way way out of my price range)

You can say the Parker Duofold is nothing like the original. So what? We all know that anyway. I suggest getting a life and moving on instead of whining that modern pens are not like vintage ones. I'm fed up of smartass comments from the vintage cheerleaders on this forum.

Very nice. I'm glad to see my favorite Italian pen maker step up its game.

I don't like metal sections, so it's not for me. But hey, is that an ink window I see? How nice!!!

I wouldn't mind if Aurora did come out with a brass piston mechanism to put some heft into their pens. Torino, mi senti?

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang