• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tanmay Awasthi

• truthpil

• Honeybadgers

• Samrat

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

little too expensive on FPR, I still have two or three pens on FPR that I need to buy first!

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Sir, you can directly email us at kanpurwriters@gmail.com or can check out our Facebook page and message us on Facebook messenger https://www.facebook.com/kanwrite/

What were your approximate prices, shipped to the us?

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

What were your approximate prices, shipped to the us?

The cost of pen is INR Rs.550 and shipping will cost INR Rs.800(this shipping cost can accommodate 4 Desire pens weight, with each extra Desire after 4 pieces the cost of shipping increases) so total INR Rs.1350.

In USD $21.42(USD $1 = INR Rs.63)

Thanks for the info!

Since the shipping is so high, I will probably get together with a friend or two in the future to order one, or just add one to my order with FPR.

I really do like that resin material, will likely purchase one in the near future.

• 7 months later...

I just got one of the orange ones with flex nib during fpr's last sale. Wow! Finally I have the Noodler's Konrad/Ahab nib without those dreaded pens. No drying out of the nib by any means after days of neglect and a wonderful modern flex nib!! Best of all, I didn't have to tinker with the pen or mess with heat seating or anything. Unlike the Konrad I finally threw in the trash a couple weeks back after years of frustration, the Desire wrote great right out of the box. Good job, Kanwrite!

Edited by TruthPil

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

I just got one of the orange ones with flex nib during fpr's last sale. Wow! Finally I have the Noodler's Konrad/Ahab nib without those dreaded pens. No drying out of the nib by any means after days of neglect and a wonderful modern flex nib!! Best of all, I didn't have to tinker with the pen or mess with heat seating or anything. Unlike the Konrad I finally threw in the trash a couple weeks back after years of frustration, the Desire wrote great right out of the box. Good job, Kanwrite!

Thank you for the kind words. Great to hear you're enjoying writing with KanWrite Desire :) .

Thank you for the kind words. Great to hear you're enjoying writing with KanWrite Desire :) .

I can't wait to order more! Can we contact you directly to order them? There are several colors I'm interested in that aren't readily available.

Yes sir you can contact us directly via WhatsApp @9305456599 or mail us at kanpurwriters@gmail.com. looking forward for your message. :)

Yes sir you can contact us directly via WhatsApp @9305456599 or mail us at kanpurwriters@gmail.com. looking forward for your message. :)

Wonderful, thanks! These pens really deserve more attention.

Will a JoWo #6 nib unit screw directly into one of these pens or is the size or threading different?

Edited by TruthPil

Wonderful, thanks! These pens really deserve more attention.

Will a JoWo #6 nib unit screw directly into one of these pens or is the size or threading different?

JoWo no 6 nib unit won't fit. Threading is different. Actually Bock No 6 nib unit (Type 250) is compatible with Desire 3 in 1.

• 2 weeks later...

JoWo no 6 nib unit won't fit. Threading is different. Actually Bock No 6 nib unit (Type 250) is compatible with Desire 3 in 1.

Thanks for the tip! I just installed a Bock 250 1.1mm stub and the nib unit screws in perfectly.

Other than the standard fine nib and fine flex nib option, are there any other stock nib sizes for this pen?

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent review. I however, viewed your pictures with some surprise, as I actually own a variant of this pen--the color is green, but it is undoubtedly the same pen. Much to my chagrin, I didn't pay $5 or $10 for it; I paid close to $60--the pen was marketed as an "Esterbrook Circa 1937" exclusive to Fahrney Pens (fahrneypens.com). I thought it looked quite attractive, and I was only mildly disappointed with it when it arrived. The clip was chintzy and I ended up removing it. I used a different converter than the one supplied because I couldn't smoothly slide the piston up and down when filling. But I love the smooth nib and I thought the finish was quite attractive.

I am quite annoyed that these American retailers are reviving defunct brands, buying Indian or Chinese pens for pennies on the dollar, and charging customers 500% or more markups. Seems to be happening more and more (See the Stipula Splash).

attachicon.gif esterbrook.jpg

Wow, I can't believe a US retailer is actually carrying modern Esterbrooks after the shady reputation the revived brand has earned in the fountain pen community. On the other hand a Kanwrite Desire rollerball (if it takes Parker refills) would be a great companion for my dark blue Desire fountain pen.

As a note, some of the Desires have curved or flared grip sections and others have the barrel shaped ones as shown in this thread. I wonder which are more recent?

As a note, some of the Desires have curved or flared grip sections and others have the barrel shaped ones as shown in this thread. I wonder which are more recent?

I too would like to know the difference and how to make sure I get one type or the other.

I really enjoy the flared section because it feels like the sections on many vintage German piston fillers.

• 8 months later...

The Bock 250 nib unit does indeed fit into the section of a Desire. I think the tit' on the back of the Bock nib unit is a different outer diameter compared to the Kanwrite nib unit.

I was wondering whether there is an alternative to the slide type converter? It looks like a copy of a Parker converter in outline if not down to the tiny details.

If there is not an alternative: Can I remove the end to rub the piston with a tiny amount of Silicone grease?

There seems to be ink getting past the piston as I have seen it on the outside of the converter. I am not THAT messy when I fill my pens. I dislike inky fingers as much as you would.

I was wondering whether there is an alternative to the slide type converter? It looks like a copy of a Parker converter in outline if not down to the tiny details.

If there is not an alternative:

I don't have mine with me to check, but isn't that slide converter have a standard international size mouth? You should be able to put a Schmidt or other generic international standard converter in it.

• 3 months later...

How is the kanwrite fine nib? I have ordered a heritage with fine nib, will it be smooth? Or should I go with the medium nib?