Price Of Visconti Kakadu Le #100/100

ItwasLuck

The Visconti Kakadu LE has only been produced in a very limited number of 100 pens in the Australian market only. I am purchasing the last one which is the 100/100 model number. I was wondering if 650 dollars excluding shipping is too much for such a pen? Apparently it's only been inked twice in its lifetime.

I've scoured the forums to find out as much information on prior purchases and I've seen the pen sold twice once for 375 and once for 450. I should note that the pens sold prior were in 2008 and 2010. As of 2016, maybe there is price inflation due to how more exclusive the pen is now.

Should I back out of this deal? Please note I only have a single day to decide as if already sent the money and the pen won't be shipped until Monday. I hope someone can offer me their help.

Here is the link to the seller's classified post. Note it is not public for commenting this seems like a red flag to me. I've never really purchased a limited edition pen before so I would like to hear from someone before asking the buyer to renegotiate the buying price.

Thank you all.

EDIT: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/classifieds/item/42087-visconti-kakadu-limited-edition/

All positive feedback, he is definitely legit, no doubt about that. I just want your opinion on the price. =)

Edited by ItwasLuck

Currently Inked = Pilot Custom 823 - 14Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Kakadu LE #100/100 - 18Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Homo Sapiens London Fog LE #785/888 - 23Kt Pd "1.3mm Stub" Nib -- Pelikan 100N Transitional - 14Kt Gold 'OF' Nib -- Pelikan 400 - 14Kt Gold 'KF' Nib (All Inked with Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black) -- Pelikan M200 West Germany - SS 'OBB' Nib

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ItwasLuck

• Lemony Cricket

• rafapa

• BayesianPrior

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you may want to consider the seller's feedback rating, as that can be a good indication of how others transactions have been received by other party.

bayesianprior.png

I believe you've forgotten to include the link (at least I can't see it).

Silly mistake on my part, sorry. I have just added the link.

Perhaps you may want to consider the seller's feedback rating, as that can be a good indication of how others transactions have been received by other party.

The Seller has all positive feedback, he is definitely legit. I'm more concerned about the pricing. In your opinion do you guys think the price is reasonable for this pen?

The last sale was 6 years ago, same pen but at a price of 475 dollars. I've sent him a total of almost 700 for the pen and overnight shipping (insured).

BTW thank you guys for such quick replies!

Currently Inked = Pilot Custom 823 - 14Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Kakadu LE #100/100 - 18Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Homo Sapiens London Fog LE #785/888 - 23Kt Pd "1.3mm Stub" Nib -- Pelikan 100N Transitional - 14Kt Gold 'OF' Nib -- Pelikan 400 - 14Kt Gold 'KF' Nib (All Inked with Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black) -- Pelikan M200 West Germany - SS 'OBB' Nib

Now I see why I couldn't find it. The name is Kakadu.

Were you looking for this specific pen?? And yes thank you for reminding me to fix the name, it is a bit confusing. Sorry for the mistake, would love to hear your opinion on price!

Going rates for B nib Van Gogh Maxis with 14kt nibs rose from $180 to $450 USD in the same time period. In the end it comes down to how badly you want/love it.

I think your price was quite fair - not the lowest, surely, but still decent.

I found the one that went for $475 in 2010 (here). Considering that your pen has the original box, paper booklet, and identity card, some difference in price is to be expected - when you combine that with the fact these pens are quite rare and harder to find, the price you paid seems reasonable.

I think your price was quite fair - not the lowest, surely, but still decent.

I found the one that went for $475 in 2010 (here). Considering that your pen has the original box, paper booklet, and identity card, some difference in price is to be expected - when you combine that with the fact these pens are quite rare and harder to find, the price you paid seems reasonable.

Thank you so much, I just wanted to make sure that the price was decent. I didn't want to be paying too much extra for something I could get for less The pen includes everything and he is the only owner of the pen and it has only been inked twice with Akkerman mysterious blue. Not to mention it's the 100th out of 100 LE pens of this series so that is quite important only to collectors but it's definitely something I like. The pen is honestly quite immaculate in terms of condition. Thanks again for the verification, I feel much better about the purchase. =)

Going rates for B nib Van Gogh Maxis with 14kt nibs rose from $180 to $450 USD in the same time period. In the end it comes down to how badly you want/love it.

Note this is a M nib Kakadu 100/100 LE with 18kt nibs. Considering that price jumps on 14kt gold nibs on the Van Goghs, I guess it really does depend on how badly you want it, as you have said haha. I decided to splurge on it because I always wanted the Opera Master but it was too long and heavy for my taste despite the amazing 4ml ink capacity. This LE model fixes that issues by being between the size of the regular Opera and the Opera Master but having the same power filler mechanism as the Opera Master but being much lighter and more comfortable to write with which I plan on doing on a daily basis. It will be in constant rotation with my current daily driver, the Pilot 823 (black).