Twsbi Eco Vs Lamy Vista

Aditkamath26

I am plannning to buy a demonstrator starting pen- The TWSBI Eco or Lamy vista. How do they compare?

TWSBI Eco in medium or fine. How does the medium on TWSBI Eco compare with other mediums? How does the fine compare with others?

Lamy Vista in fine or extra fine. How does the fine compare with a Lamy medium? Is there a huge difference between them? Is the extra fine REALLY fine?

How do these pens compare with each other on the basis of writing, comfort, durability and looks?

Thanks for any help provided. (I need replies as soon as possibe as I have to order it today so as to get it close to my birthday on the 26th) Thanks again.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aditkamath26

• Fuzzy_Bear

• Valkyrii

• prashant.tikekar

Hi . I have a TWSBI Eco in medium and find it to be on the finer side of medium, smooth though. I would recommend the TWSBI for the ink capacity.

Hi . I have a TWSBI Eco in medium and find it to be on the finer side of medium, smooth though. I would recommend the TWSBI for the ink capacity.

thanks a lot

I have an EF nib on my Lamy Safari - it feels like I am writing with a thumbtack. I work as an instructional assistant, and I use it for grading worksheets out of workbooks - the paper quality is awful and that really fine line works well for that. Then again, my fine nib on my Eco is not quite as fine as the EF Safari, but it's definitely finer than a F Lamy nib.

As far as which pen - both are great pens. I had the same question about Eco or Safari - and currently I have two TWSBI Ecos, a TWSBI Diamond 580AL, a TWSBI Vac Mini, a Lamy Safari, and a Lamy Al-Star. So my answer to your question of "Lamy Vista or TWSBI Eco" is: Yes, plus even more pens. :lticaptd:

But I will say this. I only use my Safari (which is basically the same pen as a Vista) for grading. I use all my TWSBIs daily, always have them inked and in rotation.

I will say that you can buy replacement nibs in various sizes for the Lamy Vista. But currently you cannot buy TWSBI Eco nibs. That might be an issue for you.

Hmm. And I have an EF nib on my Lamy Al-Star and it's smooth as can be, and, in my opinion, fat. My TWSBI Eco EF has gotten a little smoothing, and is noticeably thinner than the Lamy EF.

The only pen I have that feels close to a thumbtack (but still isn't) would be my Pilot Penmanship with an EF nib (also got some smoothing).

For sheer appearance, the Eco would look better as a demonstrator because you don't have a converter in the mix.

After a lot of thinking, I have placed an order on the TWSBI Eco white in medium from the Gouletpens

Congratulations ! I was just scrolling down to suggest the Eco(I have two, an EF and a 1.1) because they are brilliant and have a mammoth ink capacity compared to other pens in that price range. Enjoy it, and Happy birthday for the 26th !

“Rome wasn’t built in a day, but then again I wasn’t on that particular job.” - Brian Clough

After a lot of thinking, I have placed an order on the TWSBI Eco white in medium from the Gouletpens

Congratulations. This is correct decision as eco is always better than Vista in terms of ink capacity balance feel in hand and most importantly scratch resistance. Vista has only one advantage of having easily swappable nibs.

Congrats on the TWSBI. I just recently got an ECO and so far I love it. I will be ordering another. It and my Karas INK are my EDC pens at the moment. I have several Lamy fountain pens and I simply cannot adjust to the tri shaped barrel. They are the least comfortable pens I have. I know some people swear by them, however it seems to be a love hate relationship. The ECO for me feels far more comfortable to write with and the capacity is a great perk.

Lamy - EF, F, B, 1.1 All smooth writers, daily carry Al-Star

TWSBI F, M, 1.1 Had to have the F polished add it was scratchy.

Lamy has the triangle ish section for finger placement. Not so good for the sub.

Either one is a good buy.

Edited by Fuzzy_Bear

Peace and Understanding