The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Jinhao X750 Rollerball Pen And Refills

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 IvoryParker

IvoryParker

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:32

Greetings all. I've been eyeing the Jinhao X750 they have some good finishes. Is it a good pen? Will the pilot g2 refill or the Pentel refill fit in these pens? Many thanks

Sponsored Content

#2 Valkyrii

Valkyrii

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:36

It's been my experience that the Pilot G2 does not fit in Jinhao pens. The sleeve used by Jinhao for the threaded section is too narrow. I have successfully used Papermate Inkgel or Uniball refills but this requires a little modification. You will need to insert a spring in the barrel and I also take and hole punch card stock, usually a business card, and place the circular punch between the spring and the refill. You will likely have a little tip wobble but this should work.

#3 IvoryParker

IvoryParker

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 October 2016 - 16:43

Hi Valkyrii thanks for the response.  I went out and purchased the Pilot MR rollerball, what a dream

#4 Valkyrii

Valkyrii

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 21:13

Hi Valkyrii thanks for the response.  I went out and purchased the Pilot MR rollerball, what a dream

You are very welcome. I have a few Pilot Metropolitans and I find them very comfortable to write with. My only issue with those is I have one bronze finished pen that he finish rubbed/scratched of next to the clip. I still use it in environments where it may get more abuse, but truth is I may also decide to refinish the pen with a custom paint scheme.

That is one pen out of 5 though so we'll see. Either way they are very comfortable and I like the G2 refills. Especially the bold.

Enjoy your MR!

#5 adamselene

adamselene

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:41

I bought two or three Jinhao RB, then saw here they wouldn't take the Pilot G2, so bought two MR RBs. The MRs arrived first.

I like the G2 refill a lot, and know it really isn't writing better in different pen "carcasses," but it feels like it does. I have three peeves with MR, in ascending order of discontent:

The section is not as cool as the rest of the pen

The metal ring between section and barrel bothers my fingers, I keep fantasizing about replacing it with some kind of composite I have run across somewhere

The cap flies off the pen whenever it wants to!

So, is there a refill solution for the Jimhao 750 RB? I will look for the Inkjoy ... anything better?

Cheers...

Edited by adamselene, 15 November 2016 - 03:42.

#6 IvoryParker

IvoryParker

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2016 - 13:51

In my quest for the perfect rollerball for my daily needs I discovered the Lamy Tipo capless rollerball pen. It costs about the same as the MR. I have been using the Tipo interchangeably with the MR. I must say that the Tipo is a nice solid piece of German engineering.

Best of all the Tipo takes both Pilot G2 and Pentel Lr7 refills as well as Uni Signo refills should you prefer that.

I also feel the same about the MR grip. I have managed to adapt my grip of the pen so I am used to it now.

Give the Tipo a shot you may be pleasantly surprised :)

#7 Fuellerfuehrerschein

Fuellerfuehrerschein

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:57

You can also search for "jinhao rollerball refill" on eBay. This will result in dirt cheap offerings of Jinhao refills that I and my friends regard as are quite good.

You can also search for "jinhao rollerball refill screw". That will result in slightly more expensive Montblanc style Jinhao refill offerings, that are attached by threads in the grip section of a Jinhao 159. Unlike the Jinhao X750, the 159 is a 'Montblanc inspired' pen that uses no spring to position the refill.

Both refill types are cheap and fit and work fine in a Jinhao X750 rollerball.

#8 FiliparMg

FiliparMg

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2019 - 19:19

Hi!
I have purchased a Jinhao 500 a few days ago, hoping it will fit my Pentel Enegrgel or uni UMR-85N or my Schneider Topball 850 refills.

The truth is that either of them fits. From this, I would presume that it doesn't fit the G2 either. The Jinhao standard rollerball refill is narrower than all

refills above. 

So if you're buying a Jinhao for the sake of being a carrier of your favourite refill, you might be disappointed.

But I found the Jinhao rollerball refill very pleasant to write with and it's unbelievalble how cheap they are.

Sponsored Content

|