New Townsends!

MrThoth

Check out the latest additions to my Cross Townsend collection: R2-D2, BB-8, and 2017 Year of the Zodiac!

post-114193-0-74572600-1476906578_thumb.jpg

This brings the number of Townsend models known to me up to 54, of which I own 51. Someday the other three will hopefully come my way, but so far they've eluded my obsessive searching. ;)

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MrThoth

• TXKat

• WDanderson

• Neophyte7

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which models are missing?

AT0047-22 — Townsend Tango
AT0047-24 — Brush Platinum
Unknown SKU — "Titanium Grey Lacquer" (a name someone posted on another thread here on FPN)
Edited by MrThoth

MrThoth

I've really been eyeing that R2-D2 one, I have to admit.

I like that one because it's the only currently available Townsend with a "brushed steel" look to the body, and the blue accents go really well with that look.

(The Brush Platinum has a similar look, but I can't find one anywhere. :( In fact, I only know about it thanks to the kindness of a fellow FPNer who bought one in Britain years ago.)

Edited by MrThoth

MrThoth

Nice, congrats!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

MrThoth...see my message. Before I post, want to make sure I'm not losing my mind. :yikes:

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

Wow they are beautiful. I'm awaiting the arrival of my first Townsend which I purchased yesterday morning. If it writes as beautifully as my 2 Century's I may have to seriously consider a BB8 it is truly stunning. I hope you get a great deal of pleasure from your newest additions.

I'm awaiting the arrival of my first Townsend which I purchased yesterday morning.

Great! Which finish did you decide on?

MrThoth

Gorgeous pens! Quick question as I'm baffled. I have a Titanium Townsend Select Tip that came as a roller ball. (It has the GE emblem affixed to the top of the clip as it was a work ordered pen.) I recently acquired a Grey Townsend fountain pen off of the bay. Not sure what model, but thinking it's Quicksilver. The description said Grey Lacquer, but whatever.

Anyway...my question is: The pens are identical in every way, excluding the tiny meatball on the GE pen clip...with the exception of the very tip of the cap. The fountain pen has a black circle indention whereas the roller ball has nothing. Is this correct? Is this normal?

Sorry for the questions. THEY ARE THE SAME SIZE!

fpn_1477403370__townsends.jpg

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

That pen on the bottom of the picture definitely looks like a Quicksilver to me (assuming the appointments are gold -- they look like it, but it's often tricky to tell in pictures).

I have a spreadsheet that I use to track the features of all of my Townsends. The typical Townsend "cap topper" has a thin black band around the base and a black "dot" on top. But some have a thick black band, a gold dot, or no dot at all. Even within some models it can vary -- for example, of my three Lapis Townsends, two have a black dot on top, and one has no dot.

I don't collect Townsend rollerballs or ballpoints, so I can't comment on them.

I'm sure there's an explanation for why some pens have dots and others don't, but if there's a pattern I can't discern it among my 100+ Townsends. It's on my list of "questions to ask A.T. Cross" if I ever get the chance. ;)

MrThoth

That zodiac is fantastic looking. I'm still a bit sore about the body they used for Year of the Horse. Townsend would have been a far better choice!

I agree; I definitely like the Townsend body better than the Sauvage body they've used the past several years. (Not that I dislike the Sauvage; the Townsend's just better.) I'd've loved to have gotten last year's Monkey pen, in that beautiful teal, as a Townsend.

MrThoth

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats! I've been drooling at that Rooster for a couple months now. I'm so glad to see those come out in a Townsend body. I have only the Vader 1343/1977 so far, but the R2-D2 looks really enticing. I think I'll put some money aside for the Baltimore Pen Show next year....

On a side note, I added something interesting to my Townsend collection. I never go for the corporate ones with designs on the clips etc...but this one caught my eye and was a good deal brand new on fleabay. It's a Boeing, Quartz blue finish on the cap, silver on the body. But look closely, it has jet plane windows on the barrel! I just thought it was pretty neat, and the price was cheap.

fpn_1479438850__s-l1600.jpg

Wow! I am, as the kids say, totes jelly. That Townsend is intriguing on several levels, congratulations on adding it to your collection.

Is it a fountain pen or a rollerball?

Edited by MrThoth

MrThoth

Wow! I am, as the kids say, totes jelly. That Townsend is intriguing on several levels, congratulations on adding it to your collection.

Is it a fountain pen or a rollerball?

It's a rollerball, still has the waxy thing over the tip, quite brand new. Now that I have it in my hands, I love it. $65 on eBay a couple weeks ago, there was 4 total but I think they may all be gone now.

I checked and didn't see any. Too bad; though I don't ordinarily collect rollerballs I'd've probably gotten that one just because it's so unusual. I let an unusual Townsend rollerball slip through my fingers a couple years ago and have regretted it ever since.

Congrats on the cool find!

MrThoth