What Is The 'name' For The Green Stripped Pelikans, I Think Stresemann Is Wrong.

Bo Bo Olson

I was at a live auction....and the auctioneer casually refereed to a green stripped 400 OB as a Stresemann.

I thought the Stresemann was only the grey and black stripped pens....named for the basic gray and black diplomat/elected leader style pants of Stresemann's era.

Is there a 'name' for the green stripped ones?

I did buy the pen even though he falsely named it....or did he? I don't think they wore green and 'black' stripped pants not only back then, but ever. :vbg:

German auction costs 24%, then 19% sales tax on the auction cost. So 90E winning bid cost 112.50 Euro.....not bad for a '50's 400 semi-flex OB.....not the got over like a bandit :ninja: I had in mind thinking only 90E....

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• sargetalon

• Robert Alan

• amk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as i understood "Stresemann" is an older nickname just recently resurrcted for the gray M805...

post-111759-0-58987100-1476652060_thumb.png

According to the Pelikan site, yes they are called Stresemann too. The term only became popularised (or rather, more popular) with the introduction of the M805 grey stripes.

~Epic

Edited by Lord Epic
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

All of Pelikan's pens with the striped binde (green, blue, red) have unofficially been referred to as Stresemann for quit some time. Pelikan chose to honor that tradition when they released the M805 (and now M405) anthracite by officially calling it Stresemann as an homage. So both you and the auctioneer are correct Bo Bo.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

That's one way to upgrade your 140...it's now a Stresemann..... :lol: instead of second tier.

I think I'll just keep to calling only the gray stripped ones a Stresemann.

Red stripped Stresemann, blue stripped S-M, green stripped S-M.....seems a bit too much Stresemann. Of course you could leave the 'stripped' out as understood....Red Stresemann :unsure: .

Red Sovereign would do just as well.

My tortoise 'Stresemann' :doh: :lticaptd: .

Time moves on....things are gifted, instead of given, Stresemanned, instead of stripped. Sigh cubed. ;)

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

They are known for driving up to the corner with their chauffeured government car and getting out to ride a bike (someone rode for them to that corner,) around the corner where they pinned the news folks....to be seen riding a bike to work like promised.

The original ones were anti-suit....but they soon got replaced by Armani suits with sneakers.

I always thought it so ironic that 'Molotov' Fisher who advocated throwing Molotov Cocktails at the cops in the late '60's ended up in charge of the 'secrete' police.

The Greens were supposed to be only in power for 2 years; before a new batch of Green's came to power....but the sudden fishy murder of Kelly and fishy suicide of her Admiral as soon as the Greens got into power...stopped that foolishness.

Imagine someone so foolish to insist power be given up!!! For the good of the people!!! Yep, ideals die easy....when power has been achieved.

That was as fishy as the Barschal murder.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

• 3 weeks later...

All of Pelikan's pens with the striped binde (green, blue, red) have unofficially been referred to as Stresemann for quit some time. Pelikan chose to honor that tradition when they released the M805 (and now M405) anthracite by officially calling it Stresemann as an homage. So both you and the auctioneer are correct Bo Bo.

I have always heard the Souveran series of Pelikans referred to as 'striated,' for example, striated blue M800, etc., and, with the exception of the recent gray striated Stressemann models, I have never heard of the other Souverans called Stressemann.

/Robert

No matter where you go, there you are.

Bo Bo,

If anyone knows, you know it will be Sargetalon. My only thought on the subject is that Pelikan should have just called the red, blue & green the Souverän Striated ... Therefore causing less confusion!

Then when the Stresemann anthracite, ( 805 & now 405) came out no one would have had to wonder whether the Auctioneer had his info correct or not!

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

Pelikan never called any pen a Stresemann before the M805. That was what people outside of the company took to calling them. Pelikan has called them Black-Green, Black-Blue, and Black-Red. Others have called them striped or striated. No right or wrong I guess.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan