M405 Stresemann (Anthracite)

Lam1

I'm surprised that no one started a topic on the newest Pelikan release, the M405 Stresemann (Anthracite). I learned about it from Joshua's website

https://thepelikansperch.com/2016/10/14/pelikan-m405-stresemann-announced/

I recall that when Pelikan released the M805 lots of folks said that they would pass and wanted a M405. So, here it is! What do you think? Will you get one?

I'll pass, since I have the very classy M805 in the same color. My wife, however, already put a pre-order for one with a Medium nib (for a decent price of $235 shipped).

Edited by Lam1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jkingrph

• Lam1

• BillH

• sargetalon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw the post from Joshua as well and pre-ordered mine within minutes.

I've been on the brink of buying the M805 a number of times but managed to resist, mainly because it's a little larger then my small hands find comfortable.

My favourite size is the 200/400 so had no resistance this time, even though my budget has been well and truly whacked with the M400 Brown Tortoise, the M205 Aquamarine and the M205 Blue Marbled.

Damn you Pelikan!

Peter M

@blueboy2419

I'll have one of both.

Lam1, where did you pre-order? I checked a couple places early this morning after seeing PelicanPerch's instagram but the places I checked were not showing it.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I'll have one of both.

Lam1, where did you pre-order? I checked a couple places early this morning after seeing PelicanPerch's instagram but the places I checked were not showing it.

I pre-ordered from La Couronne du Comte, in the Netherlands.

I saw the post from Joshua as well and pre-ordered mine within minutes.

I've been on the brink of buying the M805 a number of times but managed to resist, mainly because it's a little larger then my small hands find comfortable.

My favourite size is the 200/400 so had no resistance this time, even though my budget has been well and truly whacked with the M400 Brown Tortoise, the M205 Aquamarine and the M205 Blue Marbled.

Damn you Pelikan!

I feel your pain :).

Now, imagine a house with three Pelikan fanatics, I mean, fans...

Edited by Lam1

Lam1 and visvamitra, thank you both, appreciate the replies... now to sharpen the pencil and see how to pull this one off :lol: Just when I thought I had the pen budget back under control.

I love my M805 Stresemann. Not sure I can justify adding his little brother to the flock though. I'm sure I'll find a way after thinking on it for a few days. Glad to see a lot of those who prefer the smaller pens getting their due.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Perhaps, if I take the M405 now I can divert the funds I had for the big one and take the big orange one off my list instead...? Hmmm...

I love my M805 Stresemann. Not sure I can justify adding his little brother to the flock though. I'm sure I'll find a way after thinking on it for a few days. Glad to see a lot of those who prefer the smaller pens getting their due.

Strategy "a plan of action or policy designed to achieve a major or overall aim"

What's more important, a budget or a strategy? :lol:

Edited by BillH

Lam1 and visvamitra, thank you both, appreciate the replies... now to sharpen the pencil and see how to pull this one off :lol: Just when I thought I had the pen budget back under control.

You're most welcome. I'm always happy to enable a fellow birder.

I'm sure I'll find a way after thinking on it for a few days.

Oh, I like your thinking!

But I still have to find the money for the vibrant blue...

The good thing is that I still get to play with the new M405, even if I don't have one. :D

I find the m800 a bit heavy for me so I shall be happy to get this attractive colour in the m400 version. It doesn't come with the extra option of a broad italic nib that the tortoise special edition had, though, which is a pity. Maybe I should try the EF. If my pen budget stretches to it; like some other posters I'm feeling Pelikan has taken quite a big wodge of my wallet with its new releases.

However my favourite modern model is the m600, and that seems not to have got a lot of love this year....

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

I've always admired the M805 Stresemann, but I could never afford that. I'll definitely be picking up one of these. I picked up my M400 Brown Tortoise and M205 Blue Marbled from Europe, but this time will buy in the US. I want to keep those suppliers around.

It's important to keep the balance on one's credit card low, so you can use it for Pelikan pens. :)

I'm one of those disgruntled people who was hoping for an m600 in this color. Daveyb posted something about there being rumors of one coming in Christmas about a month ago, but perhaps they decided juts to release the M400. Does anyone think there will be an M600 too?

However my favourite modern model is the m600, and that seems not to have got a lot of love this year....

Does anyone think there will be an M600 too?

The M600 does seem to be the favorite of many folks, and except for the pink one it does not seem to be receiving much love from Pelikan lately (and the flew off the shelves!!).

I don't recall any mention to the M405 Stresemann being a special edition, so perhaps they will add it to the other sizes too. One can always dream! :)

I have just received the offer for the reserveation (pre-order).

I am filling the process.

Congrats on the new (pre-ordered) pen.

I've always admired the M805 Stresemann, but I could never afford that. I'll definitely be picking up one of these. I picked up my M400 Brown Tortoise and M205 Blue Marbled from Europe, but this time will buy in the US. I want to keep those suppliers around.

It's important to keep the balance on one's credit card low, so you can use it for Pelikan pens. :)

It seems that you are doing your best to keep all of those suppliers afloat! :D

Well....I lasted all of a day. Pre-order in. I couldn't argue with a 208 euro price tag.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Well....I lasted all of a day. Pre-order in. I couldn't argue with a 208 euro price tag.

:lol:

I guess that gets some points for effort! :D

But, you're right, that is a very good price for a pen of this caliber.

I am in any case pro variety, so i welcome this release. I already own the M805 design so I am not sure I will buy this one immediately, but it is good that it is there. And I would like to see what the pricing is like, in contrast with the normal M405.

As long as it's not the rollerball! :)