Montblanc 136 Problem

Ahatkas

Hello
This is my first post, please bear with us :)
I bought a fountain pen Montblanc 136
I dreamed about this pen, but it turns out that something with him is wrong.
Can you help me and tell me what is wrong?
I'm a woman and still someone cheating me on ebay.

post-132162-0-08519800-1476428678.jpg

post-132162-0-32442800-1476428712_thumb.jpg

Here the link to the auction
Thank you very much for help.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ahatkas

• meiers

• jar

• HermetiC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not a Montblanc expert. There are lots of people who are knowledgeable in this forum and I am sure they will come up with opinion and suggestions. But I can't understand your problem from the post. Do you think the pen is not authentic or any part like nib or cap doesn't belong to this pen or it is not working at all?. Be specific about the problem.

I´m not an expert,but the nib looks as if it came from a MB masterpiece 35, the numbers look a bit odd to me though, it should read "4810".

The problem is that the pen is probably from the 30s, while the cap is probably from the 50s Additionally, I am not sure if the clip is from this model.

It is controversial. Pavoni says that by 1943, Montblanc no longer produced pens with a long ink window. According to this, your pen (body) would be pre-1943, but three rings cap is from 1946-48, but with long flat top and almost always with a prismatic clip. Probably all the pen is made from spare parts from different years.

You have a mix os parts from several production years of MB 136 and a nib from a MB #35. The parts alone are worth more than what you ended up paying, but the pen is not historically correct as a all.

Best regards
Vasco

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w580/Vasco_Correia_Pisco/INGENIVM-PC/Avatar/simbolo-e-nomesmall2_zps47c0db08.jpg

Check out "Pena Lusa by Piscov". Pens added on a regular basis!

Link for Vintage Montblanc pens here

Link for Vintage Pelikan pens here

It may not be as bad as you think or even a matter of someone cheating you. People didn't throw things away in the past, they got them repaired. Also, production during and just after the war often meant using whatever you could find.

It's possible that what you have is simply a pen that lived and was repaired.

It depends on why you bought the pen; whether for future resale or for use. The price you paid is not terrible and as mentioned above, the basic parts you have are likely worth more than you paid.

How does the pen write?

The pen has not yet occurred to me,

I'm a perfectionist, I do not know if I can handle it.

First, I bought 149 of the early 60s, it turned out that it is the end of 70 years

I bought 144 of the 1950s, in excellent condition. It turned out that it is twisted and discolored. Now I bought a 136 and also a problem.

Where can you buy fair?

For vintage MB pens, pens shows are a good bet. For a website, penboard.DE is a pretty safe choice.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

For vintage MB pens, pens shows are a good bet. For a website, penboard.DE is a pretty safe choice.

Thank you for the information :)

The pen has not yet occurred to me,
I'm a perfectionist, I do not know if I can handle it.
First, I bought 149 of the early 60s, it turned out that it is the end of 70 years
I bought 144 of the 1950s, in excellent condition. It turned out that it is twisted and discolored. Now I bought a 136 and also a problem.
Where can you buy fair?

Generally the classifieds here, GoPens, shows, penboard...

I just found out that the first series of Montblanc 136 produced for France from the late 1930s had nib 18ct model 35. At least nib agrees. reportedly from this period is the body. Cap is most likely from the year 1947 to 1948

Why I did not know before buying?
A little more and I'll be an expert on 136 :)
Edited by Ahatkas

Do you enjoy writing with the pen, if so, then 😁

Edited by slippery when wet