The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Mabie Todd Informational Group On Facebook

4 replies to this topic

#1 RayCornett

RayCornett

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:32

There are many on Facebook who don't necessarily want to join pen sites but do join pen groups on Facebook. 

I have a Mabie Todd Fountain Pens group I recently started for those who are looking for information, parts,etc.

If some of you from the Mabie Todd forums here would be interested, we would love to have your skills,

expertise, and advice over there for thos who need it.

https://www.facebook...02176253480207/

Sponsored Content

#2 MarcShiman

MarcShiman

Inspiring Discovery

• FPN Mabie Todd Group Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:33

A "group" is a much better way than what I did. I created a "page", and it really makes interaction difficult.

The big problem with Facebook for something like this, of course, is the archives. FPN and others like it are much better for maintaining and searching previous posts.

Edited by MarcShiman, 11 October 2016 - 04:36.

Please join the Mabie Todd Swan project where I am trying to sort out the undocumented mess that is American Mabie Todd's from the 1930's. The last pens that MT seemed to advertise were the "Eternal" pens, and then the company put out a wide range of different styles, shapes, sizes and filling systems before eventually closing up shop. I invite you to post your pictures of your American pens

The Mabie Todd Swan Project

#3 missuslovett

missuslovett

Writer, Artist, Weirdo

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2016 - 13:06

Well, I tried to join and I'm still pending...

#4 RayCornett

RayCornett

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 October 2016 - 21:51

Sorry. Its been a busy few days. I havent been on much.

#5 RayCornett

RayCornett

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 October 2016 - 21:55

A "group" is a much better way than what I did. I created a "page", and it really makes interaction difficult.

The big problem with Facebook for something like this, of course, is the archives. FPN and others like it are much better for maintaining and searching previous posts.

Not necessarily. Groups have a search feature. Type in a keyword/name,etc etc  and all posts with that keyword included pop up.

Reply to this topic

Sponsored Content

|