The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Snakeskin Bargain?

22 replies to this topic

#21 Empty_of_Clouds

Empty_of_Clouds

Failed Human

• FPN Mabie Todd Group Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 October 2016 - 23:22

Oh yes, that particular seller had a short and less than illustrious time here a while back.   :rolleyes:

The tears of a giraffe have a long way to fall.

Sponsored Content

#22 Cob

Cob

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 October 2016 - 00:47

Another of my 'favourite' sellers

http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Excellent, restored condition” apart from the broken clip, bent nib and generally knocked about condition. Nicely polished though.

Oh dear oh dear; although it's not red I have a possibly better Unique than that on my window sill - with all the other pens that are er, waiting!

And what exactly does "near mint" mean?  Just a bent nib and clip &c.

Extraordinary isn't it?

EDIT.  I just had a look at the Unique - it is even further away from "Mint" than the one mentioned above - Memory - whoops!

Cob

Edited by Cob, 16 October 2016 - 00:56.

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

#23 MarcShiman

MarcShiman

Inspiring Discovery

• FPN Mabie Todd Group Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 13:50

At the London show, there was a guy with a red snakeskin with a price sticker on it. Very nice. How much?

850?

Are you sure? You mean eight hundred and fifty?

yes... quite a rare pen, have you ever seen one with a price band?

Please join the Mabie Todd Swan project where I am trying to sort out the undocumented mess that is American Mabie Todd's from the 1930's. The last pens that MT seemed to advertise were the "Eternal" pens, and then the company put out a wide range of different styles, shapes, sizes and filling systems before eventually closing up shop. I invite you to post your pictures of your American pens

The Mabie Todd Swan Project

Reply to this topic

Sponsored Content

|