creeder14

Hey! My name's Calvin, and I'm just getting into fountain pens! I'm 18, and I've been lurking for months in the community. Not here so much, but on JetPens, CultPens, Goulet (most of all), YouTube, etc. I just stumbled across my grandpa's old aerometric Parker 51 and his Snorkel Sentinel... about an hour after I bought 2 bottles of ink and an Edison Nouveau Premier. Anyway, I'm excited to get into this! I've written with fountain pens a little bit and I absolutely love them. I love smooth writing stuff. I use 4B lead in my pencils, and I look forward to some nice smooth nibs!

And also... how do I post an ad in the classifieds? I can't seem to figure it out. I'm sure I'm just being stupid, but this is a serious question. I have a Rotring 600 Gold to sell and want to post an ad here... but I'm too much of a dunce to figure it out! Where's the "Post new ad" button?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, have a great day!!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• creeder14

• jar

• Chrissy

• DaveT

Top Posters In This Topic

First, welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. You need to have been here a month and have posted at least 30 general interest messages before you can try to sell anything. The messages need to be in pen or ink related sections and not just chatter. That gives folk a chance to get to know you.

My Website

Calvin, Hello and welcome from Indiana!

Please visit my store A&D Penworx.

Brands we carry: Benu Pen, Conklin, Kaweco, Monteverde, TWSBI - Diamine, J Herbin, KWZ- Clairefontaine, Field Notes, Rhodia, Whitelines

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome, Calvin !

You have two very fine heirloom pens from your grandfather. I, too, am fortunate to have my father's Parker 51, and my grandfather's Sheaffer to cherish. There is much experience here and good ideas on proper maintenance of those treasures.

Write with joy.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hello, Calvin, and welcome to the Fountain Pen Network. Glad you have joined us. This is now your place as much as it is ours. Please don't be shy. Ask all the questions you have and don't hesitate to state your opinions. I hope you enjoy your time here.

-David (Estie).

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.

A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

Welcome, Calvin !

You have two very fine heirloom pens from your grandfather. I, too, am fortunate to have my father's Parker 51, and my grandfather's Sheaffer to cherish. There is much experience here and good ideas on proper maintenance of those treasures.

Write with joy.

Since you've got some of that experience, mind if I ask you what inks you use in your 51 and your Snorkel? I use Liberty's Elysium in my Edison, and I've got a bottle of Noodler's Air Corp Blue-Black, but I'm semi-concerned about the safety of Noodler's inks in vintage pens, especially sac filling ones like those. (Don't worry, I wouldn't risk BSB in anything I care about too much)

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail