No 2017 Rhodia Planner?

Highbinder

So I've just heard Rhodia have decided to stop production on their planners. What a pity! I really love their A5 weekly planner and didn't want to have to change paper brands again.

Can anyone recommend a similar replacement?

I like weekly planners with a week on one page and a lined page opposite. I use Japanese fine nibs mostly so not hugely concerned about flees through (feathering on the other hand..)

From my preliminary search it seems the Leuchtturm planners are a good bet, and the softcover version on particular is appealing.

Anyone care to share their experiences with them or their thoughts in general?

Platinum 3776 - F, Pilot Decimo - F, TWSBI Vac Mini - 1.1i

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Highbinder

• vjones

• stonezebra

• dk76

No one? I was hoping someone would have a suitable suggestion. Am I going to have to bite the bullet and just buy a Hobonichi?

Goulet pens carries a Rhodia planner don't they? Thought I saw it.

As you said, the next option I saw was Leuchturn (sp).

But otherwise, I don't have a solution for you.

I got my info from this shop, https://www.bureaudirect.co.uk/diaries/2017-diaries/2017-rhodia-diaries , which is where I have bought them in the past. I wonder what the difference is in the US version, stock levels, and intention for next year. Will it continue only as a US market product? Very frustrating.

Leuchtturm will be worth a shot but the mixed reviews on paper quality, and the frequency people compare them to moleskine, is putting me off.

Based upon that link, it looks like they've discontinued the UK version of the planner, but not the U.S. version. That's a shame. Hopefully someone will import the U.S. version so you can get one. Quo Vadis also makes some planners. I haven't tried them, but they do have a variety of planners and seem to sell some in the UK. I have a Leuchtturm1917 notebook, but I find the paper disappointing.

• 3 months later...

This year I went with something called a 365 notebook from Jet pens. It can be a planner or notebook. If that doesn't float your boat try quo vadis.

I used a Rhodia/Quo Vadis Weekly Planner in 2012. I have zero tolerance for feathering, bleed-through, and excessive show-through, which was why I quit Moleskine and Paperblanks. The Rhodia/Quo Vadis did very well on feathering and bleed-through, but the show through on its super-thin paper was frequently as bad as Moleskine's. Plus the format was too confining and the ruling on the scheduling page was too narrow (2½ mm). Plus the paper was white, which I try to avoid in any bound notebook. Plus the pocket size wasn't—it was too large.

As for Leuchtturm, in my experience the A6 notebooks have no quality issues but the larger notebooks suffer from all three bugaboos I mentioned. I've gone through half a dozen A6 Leuchtturm notebooks, and all of them were and are excellent performers. And my A6 Leuchtturm Weekly Planner is the same quality. And for the following, I'm pleased to mention Moleskine in the same sentence as Leuchtturm because the A6 Leuchtturm Weekly Planner has the same format as Moleskine: one week's open dates on the left and ruled pages on the right for notes. This format was the only thing about the Moleskine planner that was any good. It's what I wished I had gotten when I bought the Rhodia/Quo Vadis and what I hoped I would find when I moved on.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.