The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Naginata Togi In 1911 Vs In King Of Pen

naginata 1911 sailor kingofpen

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 APO_G

APO_G

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2016 - 06:31

Hi,

I'm interesting to buy a Sailor with Naginata Togi nib, but I wonder that does the Naginata Togi nib in Sailor 1911 large/full size difference to the Naginata Togi nib in the King of Pen?

The price is much difference, but both has ones that include Naginata Togi nib. Does it the same or are there any difference?

Thank you for the answer in advance,

Sahatat

Sponsored Content

#2 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2016 - 17:56

The Naginata Togi nibs for the 1911 large pen are the same size as the regular nibs for that pen. The Naginata Togi nibs for the King of Pen are much larger, and are the same size as the regular King of Pen nibs. All are 21k gold. Your choice depends on whether you want the larger KOP with the larger Naginata Togi nib.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

#3 APO_G

APO_G

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:20

The Naginata Togi nibs for the 1911 large pen are the same size as the regular nibs for that pen. The Naginata Togi nibs for the King of Pen are much larger, and are the same size as the regular King of Pen nibs. All are 21k gold. Your choice depends on whether you want the larger KOP with the larger Naginata Togi nib.

Thank you for the answer :-)

I try to find out this over internet but couldn't find the answer. Maybe I would try the 1911 large first as the price is much difference. Thanks again.

#4 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 4,352 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:27

You're welcome. I hope you enjoy your Naginata Togi nib as much as I have enjoyed mine. These nibs perform quite remarkably with Sailor inks.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

#5 AltecGreen

AltecGreen

Pen Snob

• Member - Gold

• 4,312 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 15:31

Thank you for the answer :-)

I try to find out this over internet but couldn't find the answer. Maybe I would try the 1911 large first as the price is much difference. Thanks again.

Do you have a source for either pen right now.  The lead time for the specialty nibs is running close to one year. 

2020 San Francisco Pen Show        
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

#6 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,916 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 21:39

Do you have a source for either pen right now.  The lead time for the specialty nibs is running close to one year. 

Really! And there I was complaining about my Pro Gear with the regular 21k taking... A whole week.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#7 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2016 - 22:11

Where does that information come from?
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

#8 APO_G

APO_G

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:21

I bought it from eBay from the seller name e-sell_jp

Hope you will get the one you want :-)

#9 jpierson

jpierson

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 October 2016 - 13:19

I would try Anderson pens.

#10 AltecGreen

AltecGreen

Pen Snob

• Member - Gold

• 4,312 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 18:06

Where does that information come from?

From Brian Anderson in another thread in this forum. 

http://www.fountainp...ship/?p=3682366

2020 San Francisco Pen Show        
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naginata, 1911, sailor, kingofpen

Sponsored Content

|