• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Adryan900079

• mitto

• aggoo

• Slimfish

Oh dear

The op asked for a 14K, and yours is a 18K one

Oh pity me. I couldnt notice the "14k". Instead, my attention was focussed on the word "white".

Sorry once again. I am not aware of any 14k white nib in the Sonnets.

Khan M. Ilyas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I bought a Parker sonnet in 2008 in a outlet sale on internet (official store)...

But i'm wondering because some people say Parker did'nt make 14K nib for the Sonnet... and I haven't found the body / hood combination on the site dedicated to parker http://parkercollector.com/sonnet.html

the nib is also a 14K 585
Is it the same for you ?
Edited by Nicobee

The cap is from a 2008 release Sonnet Premium Silver Lustre. But the Lustre Sonnet - both gold and silver - came with the same finish barrels. So I suspects yours is a frankenpen.

The Silver Lustre finish came with a rhodium plated 18k gold nib. Don't know anything about 14k Sonnet nibs, though.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

• 4 weeks later...

I have exactly the same pen as Nicobee with the same 14K nib, probably purchased from the same (reputable UK dealer) place.

I have a number of Sonnets, and this is the only 14K nib I've ever seen. It' somewhat springier and less soft than the 18K nibs on my other sonnets.

Definitely unusual and one to keep. Wonder if the nibs were prototypes sold off to the retailer, who then bodies up the pens as a 'custom'.

This white gold nib was used on the following Sonnet pens :

2003 – 2007 series

Tartan Chisel ST, Black Laque CT, Laque Ocean Blue, Laque Verdigris

2008 series

Chiselled Carbon, Silver Lustre

I am surprised some here think it is rare. It is a common nib though not as common as the yellow gold version.

The barrel and lower shell of your pen are from a 2003 series Black Laque ( and nib ), the cap from a 2008 Silver Lustre.

There never was a 'Custom' Sonnet on either on these series nor the first.

The third and fourth series have a variety of barrel and cap combinations you may call ‘ Custom ‘

mitto - I missed that - Have now looked at all the Sonnets that I have, all gold nibs are 18K.

No further ideas about the 14k nib.

• 5 months later...

It´s genuine Parker Sonnet, not frankpen. I go test and comprove genuine Parker Sonnet (original)

In the Diamond on the nib, there shoule be p

--

p. That's "p", a line, and a "p" under the line. This is something counterfeiters seemed to miss. I couldn't see the nib pic clearly enough to note that.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I looks like there is just a line in the diamond, the very hallmark of a counterfeit.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.