• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• visvamitra

• Cyber6

• lgsoltek

• Mew

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stunning colour - but Monarch wins hands down. Thank you for the reviews Vis!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Stunning colour - but Monarch wins hands down.

No fair comparison... you are comparing Blues and Oranges..... :lol: :lol:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Hi,

How do I go about ordering this ink? From what the review mentions about it, it seems like a limited edition.

Saw AndyYNWA comment. Sorry to know that it is not available.

Sold out or nobody to ship it from Canada?

Edited by BCGGSM

• 4 months later...

This is a very beautiful ink! Kudos to Konrad and Cyber for creating this winner. And thanks to previous posters for pointing out that R&K Verdigris is similar. I think it's pretty cool that Scriptus commissions a Limited Edition ink paying tribute to our great Northern neighbor on an annual basis...a really nice perk for their pen show attendees and customers.

And lastly, thanks to Vis for another awesome review.

Mary

Hi,

Just wanted ppl to know that I received ink from KWZ which had a very strong and unpleasant smell. Ink properties otherwise were quite nice, but the smell was just absolutely horrible for me.

I wrote to Konrad, and received fast quite a detailed and nice explanation, as follows:

"Thank you for your message. I am very sorry that our ink made you feel dizzy.

I would like to reassure you that we do comply with REACH and our inks are designed to be safe for users, and such they do not contain any toxic substances. The odour most likely comes from biostatic agent that we were using in ink production till August 2016. As such it had many advantages as being natural product, readily biodegradable, easily metabolized and excreted by human body and non-toxic. The only drawback is that it's water solutions have a strong odour.
Many people found the odor of our inks very refreshing, forest like. But there was also a number of our clients that disliked the smell of our inks, and although we had never received any reports on diziness before (we have been distributing the inks for 2 years already), we decided to remove this ingredient and change the formulation of our inks and let it be more pleasant. All the inks manufactured since September 2016 have a new formulation. The batch number marked on the paper box is the date of start of manufacturing.
If you need more information about this substance, according to ECHA:
"This substance is used in the following products: washing & cleaning products, perfumes and fragrances, air care products, pharmaceuticals, polishes and waxes and cosmetics and personal care products."
In most cases this substance is used in alcohol solutions, so it's smell is masked by the odor of the alcohol. I do think that most popular use of this substance is in personal care products (mouthwashes, toothpastes, lotions, antiseptic soaps and liquids and etc.)
According to EPA and ECHA this substance has "has minimal potential toxicity and poses minimal risk", which is readily represented by LD50(oral) 1g/kg of body weight (rat), LD50(dermal) >2g/kg of body weight (rat). For long term toxicity tests on rats 0,6g/1kg of body weight did not showed any adverse effects.
The concentration in ink (depending on color) was from 0,4 g to 0,7g per liter. I do not know that you are familiar with toxicity indicators, but this means that average human weighting around 70 kg would need to digest c.a. 100 liters of ink to reach toxic levels.
As ink is hand made by me I took a lot of care to use only safe ingredients both for my and clients safety and health. Also I have in mind that although the ink is intended to be used in fountain pens, accidental spills are most likely to occur, and so for example I avoid using substances that can cause skin allergy. "

I think a clever mixer could tweak R&K Verdigris to look exactly like Northern Twilight.

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

I think there were only 50 or 60 bottles of this ink made, for this one Pen Show.

244 bottles for Scriptus 2016. Which is double from last year Show.. and hopefully half form this year Show.. :D :D

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

*Evil laugh*

I do believe Konrad has created an exclusive Pen Show Poland ink. At least I saw a photo on Facebook that gave this impression. I'd have to verify, but it is Konrad and this is Poland, so....

I am sure he has done Poland Show exclusives in the past. I remember seeing one a few years ago.. a very pretty Sky Blue ink... Is one of those things I don't want to know much... since I can't be there to grab a bottle... ;)

And what would the world be without a few exclusives inks.... I do love me a good ink chase... :lol: :lol:

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

I am sure he has done Poland Show exclusives in the past. I remember seeing one a few years ago.. a very pretty Sky Blue ink... Is one of those things I don't want to know much... since I can't be there to grab a bottle... ;)

And what would the world be without a few exclusives inks.... I do love me a good ink chase... :lol: :lol:

C.

I think there's also recently an exclusive KWZI for a penshow or something in Spain...

KWZ will also have an exclusive purple ink for the 'Fountain Pen Group Buy" facebook group. I can' wait to see it!

Just for the record.
I don't know what it is, but there's something about this Northern Twilight that make people crazy. I'm afraid of posting photos of it online when I have it in a pen. Facebook messages going to KWZ and people calling them rude, while they only say "We are really sorry, but this was a limited edition ink, we don't have it any more".

If you say that you understand what a "Limited Edition" is, but don't know why it's only available at a certain place and occasion, for a limited time, you DON'T fully understand it.
And yes, I've missed out on LE inks and stuff. Franklin-Christoph pens with cool materials are only available at pen shows....

Edited by attika89

I've mostly learned to live with it. Which means, on occasion, trying to find a way to get something that's LE via other ways... It hasn't always worked, and believe me, EoC, when I say that I know what it's like living on the other side of the world... try living in a country nobody's heard of, or that doesn't appear on lists for postage... now THAT is annoying. Especially since my country's so obscure that this keeps happening, even when I'm a repeat customer. Or sometimes my stuff gets sent to somewhere else (that people in the postoffice think is close? no idea what reasoning is behind some of the crazy missendings I've had). If I'm lucky the sender gets it back and has another opportunity to try.

But I can hardly blame the makers of the limited edition stuff... usually I try to not blame anyone, but find a way to work around this, and make people understand that yes, my country, while small and obscure, really does exist...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I think there's also recently an exclusive KWZI for a penshow or something in Spain...

Maybe you are talking about an exclusive KWZ ink for the Relojes Especiales forum. It's call RE2017. It's a lovely blue.

https://www.relojes-especiales.com/foros/proyecto-tinta-foro/prueba-escritura-tinta-kwz-relojes-especiales-2017-a-430254/

ea589d9f3c3314d96f95b53eb4592291.jpg

Edited by rafapa