Northern Twilight - Kwzi Le Ink

visvamitra

As some of you may know Poland is one of biggest exporters of cosmetics, furniture and fruits. But we also have inks. Or, to be more precise, one ink maker - KWZI. Konrad offers handmade inks in more than sixty colors. You can check his website here.

Northern Twilight is one of two new LE colors (the other being Monarch) and was prepared for Toronto's Pen and Writing Show Scriptus 2016. It's possible that one of influencial ink enablers and ink smugglers, known more widely as Cyber6, had a role in creating this one. I'm not sure, but if she happens to read the review, I would enjoy hearing about this color "conception".

Let's look at the bottle.

fpn_1475409462__northerntwilight_bottle4

fpn_1475410091__northerntwilight_bottle2

fpn_1475410063__northerntwilight_bottle1

The color is quite interesting even despite the fact it contains some teal component that I usually dislike. The ink is strongly saturated and it lubricates the nib nicely. Drying time, especially in wet pens, may be long. Of course a lor depends of the paper, pen and nib combo you use. The flow is rich. As for the color - well, it's not flat. It has few layers of goodies waiting to be discovered as seen on chromatography.

If you enjoy this ink getting it won't be easy unless you plan to visit Scriptus in Toronto. Maybe you can blackmail Claudia to put one aside for you. On the other hand her moral compass functions flawlessly and this may not be possible :) The ink was limited to 244 bottles, you see, and Scriptus guests will have first pas at it. But then blackmail is always an option :)

fpn_1475410229__northerntwilight_rk.jpg

Ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1475410510__northerntwilight_recznik

Chromatography

fpn_1475410498__northerntwilight_chr.jpg

Software ID and color range

fpn_1475410196__northerntwilight_l_3.jpg

fpn_1475410218__northerntwilight_l_5.jpg

Tomoe River, Graf von Faber-Castell Pen of the Year 2003, medium nib

fpn_1475409443__northerntwilight_bottle5

fpn_1475410137__northerntwilight_kwzi_t_

fpn_1475410148__northerntwilight_kwzi_t_

fpn_1475410161__northerntwilight_kwzi_t_

Leuchtturm 1917, Kaweco Classic Sport, broad nib

fpn_1475410173__northerntwilight_l_1.jpg

fpn_1475410184__northerntwilight_l_2.jpg

fpn_1475410209__northerntwilight_l_4.jpg

Rhodia, Graf von Faber-Castell Pen of the Year 2003, medium nib

fpn_1475410115__northerntwilight_kwzi_rh

fpn_1475410125__northerntwilight_kwzi_rh

No name notebook, Graf von Faber-Castell Pen of the Year 2003, medium nib

poty_pismo2.jpg?w=940

poty_pismo3.jpg?w=940

Water resistance (not really)
fpn_1475410526__northerntwilight_h2o.jpg
Edited by visvamitra

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• visvamitra

• Cyber6

• lgsoltek

• AndyYNWA

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks great! I wonder what it would look like in a fine or medium. I love broads, but I don't use them very often.

I'm tempted to mix Yama-Dori with black.

Edited by Old_Inkyhand

Lovely colour! Just up my alley... Pity I will never get my hands on it... :(

It seems to be fairly close to Bungbox 4B, is it?

Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Would definitely want a bottle of it but I don't think I'll ever get to this store to buy a bottle.

Hopefully there'll be some leftovers.... and we could get first dibs? I love that color - seems like another must-have. Or try to approach by mixing...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Luckily I'm not crazy for this colour. But I'm interested in the other LE, Monarch...

You can buy it from fontoplumo. It's made exclusively for them and probably made an appearance at the show. I.e. It's a store exclusive and not a limited edition.

https://fontoplumo.nl/shop/en/kwz-ink/1501-kwz-fountain-pen-ink-60ml-monarch.html

This is the swatch that was shared with me along with a message that it appears slightly brighter in the picture.

post-127041-0-86128100-1475426941_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Mew

Did someone say "store exclusive"? :puddle:

That looks very wonderful. Now do they ship to the US? Can we get a few folks to go in on some bottles?

That looks very wonderful. Now do they ship to the US? Can we get a few folks to go in on some bottles?

Yes, they ship to the US. And you can reduce the price by 21% since you don't have to pay the VAT.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

I am sure you meant "Bribe" and not Blackmail.. :P

I'll see what I can do.... but you are right. Is limited and meant for the Scriptus attendees. ;)

Color conception... well, started from last year. Maple Red was the first KWZI LE. The concept for that one .. was CANADA.. we wanted something that was truly Canadian.. The color of the Maple fall leaves is as Canadian as it comes.. Maple Red was so successful, it flew out the doors in 40 minutes.. Of course, we want to repeat the success. For the second year.. the decision was to do Blue... So lets find a Canadian Blue... The thoughts were around... a Glacier Blue (we are famous for our glacier fed lakes.. google them up).. a Winter Blue (duh,... no explanation on this one..).. and a Twilight Blue (..taking our Northern Lights as reference)... Then I work with Konrad/Agnieszka to get the perfect blue. We might still do a Glacier Blue and a Winter Blue another time... but for now... Northern Twilight took our collective breaths away... :wub:

On a wet pen... you get the "Northern Lights" effect... purple,gold and silver sheen.... :wub: :wub: ... Don't ask me.. Konrad is an InkMASTER...

C.

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Yep, exclusively for them. :)

They ship to USA, and price would be 11.16 euros per bottle. Free shipping above 125 euros.

I was luck enough to see this today and there seemed to be loads of interest in it.

I think you may be onto a winner here.

I am sure you meant "Bribe" and not Blackmail.. :P

I'll see what I can do.... but you are right. Is limited and meant for the Scriptus attendees. ;)

Color conception... well, started from last year. Maple Red was the first KWZI LE. The concept for that one .. was CANADA.. we wanted something that was truly Canadian.. The color of the Maple fall leaves is as Canadian as it comes.. Maple Red was so successful, it flew out the doors in 40 minutes.. Of course, we want to repeat the success. For the second year.. the decision was to do Blue... So lets find a Canadian Blue... The thoughts were around... a Glacier Blue (we are famous for our glacier fed lakes.. google them up).. a Winter Blue (duh,... no explanation on this one..).. and a Twilight Blue (..taking our Northern Lights as reference)... Then I work with Konrad/Agnieszka to get the perfect blue. We might still do a Glacier Blue and a Winter Blue another time... but for now... Northern Twilight took our collective breaths away... :wub:

On a wet pen... you get the "Northern Lights" effect... purple,gold and silver sheen.... :wub: :wub: ... Don't ask me.. Konrad is an InkMASTER...

C.

That sounds stunning! Is there a picture of that sheen? Would love to see it!