Edc: Which Pens Do You Carry Around?

RubenDh

At work I generally carry what I can stuff in a trouser pocket, so I prefer a combination of cheap, robust, and plain. That usually means ye olde reliable Parker Vector, but also a metal Baoer 801 at times. The Uni Style Fit I got a few days ago - with gel and ballpoint inserts - has been seeing more action in that role, though.

For times when I have a coat or jacket with a decent inside pocket, I go just a wee bit fancier. A Jinhao 992, Noodler's Creaper, Parker IM or Parker 45. (just a wee bit)

31182132197_f921f7062d.jpg

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mongoosey

• inkstainedruth

• bemon

• chromantic

What ever is inked!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I am currently carrying a TWSBI Eco (with Noodler's No Feather) and a Noodler's Creeper (with Diamine Oxblood). Mostly I use my pens for grading students, so I should probably replace the No Feather with Oxblood too; but every now and then someone asks for me to sign something (which I prefer blue or black). I like Private Reserve's American Blue for blue (its actually blue, not purplish or greenish or grayish).

My EDC work pens vary a bit but lately a Wing Sung 3010 with a Lamy B nib and Omi Osun blue ink, a Luoshi 298 with M nib and Bleu Atlantique ink and a red 51a EF with Diamine Poppy Red ink.

At the moment;

Pelikan M130 F

Pelikan M200 B

Pelikan M 120B

Sailor music nib

Sailor Zoom nib

Platinum 3766 Music nib

Kaweco sport BB nib

Lsmy Safari B

Noodlers Music Nib

Pilot Decimo B stub

Pilot Elite M

Italix Parson's Essential. C/C, m nib, good writer, robust, neat appearance and readily and cheaply replaceable if lost or damaged.

I carry it to meetings regularly but there are many days when it never leaves my pocket. In my world, there is so little that needs to be written down as minutes of meetings are always distributed by email or are not worth recording.

Depending how much time I'm likely to have on my hands, I'll either take:

1) My mini, phone shoulder pouch with one robust, slim pen slipped in there. That's usually a Sheaffer Sagaris, a 1.1 nib Lamy Logo or a Jinhao 911. Whichever's inked with something vaguely sensible.

2) On days I know I'll be twiddling my thumbs, I take a small shoulder bag with a TWSBI Eco 1.1, whichever extra fine Jinhao takes my fancy, one of my Lamy Italics OR a Sheaffer No Nonsense and a medium nib or Noodler's flex pen. I try to have one sensible ink in there then whatever else takes my fancy.

Edited by ScarletWoodland

fpn_1543459843__20180920_220118.jpg

Heavily customized delike alpha. Sanded the lacquer off so it's forming a patina, filed in a notch for the clip, and swapped the nib for a 14k eversharp EF manifold.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

This is a bit unusual, but I tend to only buy pens which I would consider an EDC. At the moment I am carrying:

- Wing Sung 601 (Fine) - tuned (Richard Binder's facebook details how aligning the collector makes the flow more consistent. I also smoothed the nib)

- Lamy Safari (medium) - widened tines for increased flow. Nib smoothed.

- Platinum Preppy 0.2mm - widened tines. Nib smoothed.

If I have to write on bad paper, I choose the preppy which has a needle point nib. Wing sung 601 writes on most paper without bleeding. Lamy is used for my own paper.

I use:

-Diamine registrar's ink for the Wing Sung and Lamy (but too dry for the preppy)

-Platinum Blue-Black (can be used in all pens)

Both are iron gall, but using them as an EDC ink allows me to keep pushing fresh ink through the pen and not let it sediment.

I sometimes use Noodler's black or De Atramentis Document Ink as an alternative.

One of my MB 149s.

Namiki Yukari Maki-e Zodiac Horse 1st edition, by Masaru Hayashi 林胜 | Namiki Yukari Royale Vermillon Urushi No. 20 | Pelikan M1000 | Montblanc WE 2004 Franz Kafka LE | Montblanc POA 2018 Homage to Ludwig II LE 4810 | Montblanc POA Joseph II 2012 LE 4810 | Montblanc 146 75th Anniversary SE | Montblanc Meisterstück Great Masters James Purdey & Sons SE | Montblanc 118232 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir Spider Metamorphosis SE Coral | Montblanc 10575 Meisterstück Gold 149 | Montblanc 114229 Meisterstück Platinum 149 | Montblanc 111043 John F. Kennedy LE 1917 Rollerball | Montblanc 116258 The Beatles SE Ballpoint | Montblanc 114723 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir SE Rollerball | Montblanc Meisterstück Platinum-Coated Classique Ballpoint |

Italix Parson's Essential. C/C, m nib, good writer, robust, neat appearance and readily and cheaply replaceable if lost or damaged.

I carry it to meetings regularly but there are many days when it never leaves my pocket. In my world, there is so little that needs to be written down as minutes of meetings are always distributed by email or are not worth recording.

Forgot to add. I rarely sign documents any more as nearly everything comes and goes by email and I haven't signed a cheque for years as I use credit cards or direct transfer online.

The parsonss essential is a great pen, however, I have found the clip to be too tight to make it an EDC.

How do you get this into your shirt pocket?

If it werent fir this issue, it is an awesome pen.

All the best

My daily work pen is one of several Lamy Safari with EF nib (color depends on mood or season) or Esterbrook LJ/SJ with a 9128/9048 nib. I am a middle school teacher so rarely take an expensive pen to work due to theft or breakage (students trying to sneak a try at using “that cool pen”).

I mostly write on HP 28# or 32# paper.

I keep at least one pen inked with blue for signing documents....Diamine Blue Velvet or Akkerman’s shocking blue. I prefer Diamine or J. Herbin inks.

Always have a Waterman JIF school pen on me (currently a sparkly purple one with L'amant). I've also started carrying the green-stripe M300 again.

I had 2 JIFs back in the 80s, at school, and I liked them very much. I don't know where the white-pink landed, but I still have the dark grey-blue-light grey.

After reading this now, I'd like to ink it again after 35 years!

- Two Pelikan m205 EF (aquamarine inked with Parker Quink blue-black, olivine with 4001 dark green)

- A Pelikano Junior P60 inked with a mix of blue and black

- two Lamy EF, the white Safari inked with 4001 brown and the Vista inked with a mix of violet and blue.

And a Pilot Graphgear 1000 0,7 mechanical pencil, my favourite among the pencils.

Edited because of typos.

Edited by chravagni

It's now been a couple of months, I think, that my trusty see through Noodler's Nib Creeper has lived in my work trouser pocket. No leaks, no mess, no loss.

I ran out of ink at Royal Festival Hall the other day and poured some water into a cup and took a fill from it. There was enough ink left inside somehow to mix up into something usable.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_daily_carry.jpeg

I carry all my fountainpens with me at the moment:

Waterman Graduate Chrome, F-nib, inked with the supplied blue Waterman cartridge

Pilot MR (purple), M-nib, inked with Diamine turquoise (cartridge)

Pilot MR (red), M-nib, inked with Waterman intense black (cartridge)

Pilot MR (green), M-nib, inked with supplied blue Pilot cartridge

My three Lamy Safari´s (green, black and petrol. LH-nib and two M-nibs) are inked with the supplied blue Lamy cartridge

also a unidentified Waterman (blue marbled), F-nib, is inked with Diamine Monaco Red. I don´t look the look of the pen and it doesn´t write that great. It was a present by some journalists for my late father, for the work he did. But I have the feeling it is fake :(

For Work:

1. Pilot Custom Heritage 912 SFM with Pilot Blue-Black

2. Lamy Dialog 3 Palladium B with Noodler's Prime of the Commons

3. Pilot Capless Brown F with Noodler's Aircorp

4. Pilot Decimo Black with Noodler's X-Feather Black

5. Lamy 2000 Makrolon Rollerball

6. Lamy 2000 Makrolon Multipen

In Private:

1. Kaweco Brass Sport with Robert Oster's Fire & Ice

2. Uni-ball Jetstream Ballpoint