Today I would like to start a conversation about EDC systems and which pens you carry everyday.
I have two pen pouches, one with 3 slots and one with 4 slots. Both of them are in brown leather.
In the pouch with 3 slots (which has my last name engraved in the leather) I have the pens which have the 3 'basic colours'/most frequent used colours of ink:
- Red: For the red ink I use Pelikan Edelstein Ruby, in my Parker Sonnet in red lacquer. Fine nib. Lovely pen but rigid nib, in the future I'd like to upgrade this pen to a burgundy sailor pro gear.
- Green: The Diamine Sherwood Green is my favourite green ink. I use it in my Pelikan m400. Great pen but sometime I would upgrade it to an m600.
- Blue: for the blue ink, I prefer dark blue. Montblancs blueblack or Pelikans 4001 blueblack is my ink to go. I use the Montblanc 146 with it. Great pen and great size!
In the pouch with 4 slots I am planning to go with this pens: (note: some of the pens mentioned are yet to buy, but these are the pens I consider getting)
- Brown ink: for this ink (which is the Pelikan 4001 brown, but I am planning to buy any of the other brown/sepia inks) I use my Visconti Opera Elements with a 23k pd dreamtouch nib. Awesome pen with buttery smooth nib.
- Black ink: I'm not sure which pen I am getting for the black ink. Any suggestions?
- A mechanical pencil. I am buying a Pelikan pencil in the lovely brown/green tortoiseshell colours. It should arrive next week, can't wait!
- A demonstrator (not yet which one yet) with a highlighter ink. Not yet which ink I'll choose.
As you can see, I still have to search for some pens/inks, but this (often endless) search for a pen that suits me perfectly is one of the great things in the hobby!
Which pens / pouches do you have?
PS: sorry for the bad English, I'm not a native English speaker
No pen pouch; just two pens, kept in my shirt or jacket pocket.
Typically, my Lamy 2K, loaded with either Waterman Inspired Blue; Diamine Asa Blue... or a myriad of other blues.
Second pen is usually a Lamy Logo or Studio; or one of my Pilots or Jinhao's... the second pen varies, but it is ALWAYS loaded with Diamine Matador Red for when I have to make "imperative statements."