• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• visvamitra

• lgsoltek

• AndyYNWA

Thanks for the review. I have a bottle of this but haven't gotten around to trying it yet :blush: -- I had been trying to get pens out of rotation before going on the (pseudo) vacation in August, and then for the trip to the West Coast (family wedding and then visiting friends).

Mind you, I brought 7 pens with me on the trip, and then bought a Sheaffer Snorkel Admiral (I think) last week at an antiques mall in Snohomish, WA.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 2 years later...

I might be a bit late, but since I find this review very appealing I will ask anyway. It looks like there is little water resistance. Do others share this impression having used this ink? How does it compare to IG Turquoise?

(I found this review https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/298111-kwz-ink-iron-gall-turquoise/ but not that much more)

Edited by Caeruleum

• 2 weeks later...

My search for a wetter alternative to Pelikan 4001 Turquoise ended quickly and decisively after I found a bottle of KWZ Turquoise at my local brick & mortar.

fpn_1552228598__e16c6375-a83b-4fec-ba1e-

The ink has excellent flow and as such is a good match for dryer pens. It's a fast-drying ink, which might make it a good choice for left-handed writers. With the pen used for this writing sample (a Leonardo Furore stub which I narrowed to my liking), shading depends on speed of writing. The top line was done slowly, with lovely shading as a result.

Compared to the scans posted by the OP, I find the ink to be less saturated. Lovely colour! At 12 euros for 60 mL, there's excellent value for money in my opinion.

• 1 year later...
On 3/10/2019 at 3:22 PM, TheDutchGuy said:

fpn_1552228598__e16c6375-a83b-4fec-ba1e-

The ink has excellent flow and as such is a good match for dryer pens.

This is what my ink looks like too. I'd say my ink doesn't much resemble what the OP posted. His ink looked much bluer, darker and more saturated. Great ink, though. Very happy with it. 

Edit: I'd only tried the ink with 3 'nice' papers, and it looked consistent. Tonight I wrote on some standard cheap copy paper and suddenly the ink looks nearly as blue as in OP's post. Very different!