My New Fpn Friendly Wallet....

Recoil Rob

I've been looking for the perfect travel wallet for the better part of 2 years now, something that would allow me to carry everything I could need in a pinch and still fit into my back or breast pocket. Everything I saw was either, too big or too small and poorly designed.

I floated the idea of making a wallet to a first rate leather crafter, Jeanna McLaughlin of Mesa AZ.

Jeanna's primary business is Stone Creek Straps, she's at the top of her craft, making some of the finest watch straps available. She is also a pleasure to work with, answering questions, offering suggestions and making sure her customers are happy with their purchases. I own several of her straps and she is known to all WIS's (Watch Idiot Savants).

A few months ago I came up with my own design, did a mock-up in card stock and sent it off to Jeanna who tweaked the final design and put it together. I chose vegetable tanned natural leather, I like the way it ages. It's completely hand stitched and will be the last wallet I ever need.

Closed it measures 4.25" x 5.25 x 3/4"...

post-56322-0-77449500-1475276582_thumb.jpg

When opened the main compartment will hold bills and papers up to 8 x 5".

post-56322-0-16664000-1475276617_thumb.jpg

post-56322-0-57670400-1475276646_thumb.jpg

Inside, both sides will hold a passport or similar sized...

post-56322-0-41020400-1475276628_thumb.jpg

And the hole in the top middle and slot on the right top....

post-56322-0-05463900-1475276638_thumb.jpg

...are really important to the FPN....

post-56322-0-05978500-1475276661_thumb.jpg

That's a Pelikan 150 and a Rhodia No.12 Dot Pad.

Closed...Jeanna designed it so everything folds over neatly, fits in your back pocket.

post-56322-0-18941500-1475276670_thumb.jpg

I was so pleased with this I asked Jeanna to keep the patterns, if anyone is interested in getting one made you should contact her directly. The base price in vegetable tanned leather was is $350, completely cut and stitched by hand. As I said Jeanna is a pleasure to work with, other leathers are available.

Usual disclaimer, I have no financial arrangement or interest in this, just thought some of you may be interested.

Edited by Recoil Rob

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income. - Errol Flynn

Pelikan 100's, 200's, 400's, 600's & 805,s (Stresemann), Namiki Nippon Dragon, Montblanc 149, Platinum 3776 Music Nib, Sailor Pro Clear Demo, Montegrappa Fortuna Skull, Parker 75 Laque, 1946 Parker Vacumatic, Stipula Passporto, Kaweco.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Recoil Rob

• inkypete

• stonezebra

• T4TEXAS

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice design and good looking. Thanks for sharing.

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

Very nice but wondering... where exactly are you looking in the third picture? From the top down? Or under one of the side panels? Thanks for the clarification.

Very nice but wondering... where exactly are you looking in the third picture? From the top down? Or under one of the side panels? Thanks for the clarification.

Top down, main compartment.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income. - Errol Flynn

Pelikan 100's, 200's, 400's, 600's & 805,s (Stresemann), Namiki Nippon Dragon, Montblanc 149, Platinum 3776 Music Nib, Sailor Pro Clear Demo, Montegrappa Fortuna Skull, Parker 75 Laque, 1946 Parker Vacumatic, Stipula Passporto, Kaweco.