The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pen Haul From Asa Pens

asa ebonite acrylic indian

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 mhguda

mhguda

Vulpenfanaat

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:18

Thank you. I suppose you got these as custom pens, since they are not mentioned on his website?

I can see why you like the Eboya design, very elegant. And if the Supreme is as supreme in size as the Gama (of which I have one - a nice pen) it must be a relatively large one. So that Viraat must be huge! But I think the most intriguing one is the Long Cap. How do you write with it, does the cap post at all? And, will it be a regular offering on the shop website, once it's come out of beta testing? (can you tell I'm interested? I'd love to have one...)

Anyone, you have a really nice collection of Indian pens there, enjoy!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Sponsored Content

#22 fountainpagan

fountainpagan

Poetry soothes and emboldens the soul to accept mystery

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:16

That is a beautiful collection.

The Kiouka is my favorite model from Eboya.

You are right, Subbu did good in not copying it altogether. That makes a very nice pen.

I do like the Long Cap, also. It reminds me some of Manu Propria models, only the Long Cap goes further on the design.

Some very nice specimens you have captured in your net ;)

Enjoy!

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

#23 Subbu_ASApens

Subbu_ASApens

Vintage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:36

I came home yesterday to a new haul from ASA. These are pens I've wanted for a while and I'm happy they are finally in my collection. Pictures below.

ASA_4.jpg

ASA_5.jpg

ASA_6.jpg
ASA_7.jpg

Indian pen collection
ASA_3.jpg

Thank you Sir.. Hope you liked the pens.. Wish you happy writing

#24 Subbu_ASApens

Subbu_ASApens

Vintage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:36

That is a beautiful collection.

The Kiouka is my favorite model from Eboya.
You are right, Subbu did good in not copying it altogether. That makes a very nice pen.

I do like the Long Cap, also. It reminds me some of Manu Propria models, only the Long Cap goes further on the design.

Some very nice specimens you have captured in your net ;)

Enjoy!

Thanks for the encouraging words Mam.

#25 Subbu_ASApens

Subbu_ASApens

Vintage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:39

Thank you. I suppose you got these as custom pens, since they are not mentioned on his website?
I can see why you like the Eboya design, very elegant. And if the Supreme is as supreme in size as the Gama (of which I have one - a nice pen) it must be a relatively large one. So that Viraat must be huge! But I think the most intriguing one is the Long Cap. How do you write with it, does the cap post at all? And, will it be a regular offering on the shop website, once it's come out of beta testing? (can you tell I'm interested? I'd love to have one...)
Anyone, you have a really nice collection of Indian pens there, enjoy!

Thank you Mam... The long cap will be soon available.. Mostly with some design improvements, so that it stands apart like Nauka..

Will surely update you when it's launched in website..

#26 gopool

gopool

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:06

Today seven Gama pens entered my collection. The pens were sourced from ASA pens, Fountain Pen India and eBay.

Left to right: Gama Panther, 2x Gama Supreme with round top, Gama Kuyil, Gama Forever, Gama Sneaky and Gama Airborne in black.

IMG_20170821_205738.jpg

#27 BRBA

BRBA

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2017 - 14:34

I came home yesterday to a new haul from ASA. These are pens I've wanted for a while and I'm happy they are finally in my collection. Pictures below.

ASA_4.jpg

ASA_5.jpg

ASA_6.jpg
ASA_7.jpg

Indian pen collection
ASA_3.jpg

Nice collection and very impressive. The long cap one - is that an eye dropper or does it come with a cartridge converter? Same question on the first pen from the right. The long cap - is that available from ASA now with a converter cartridge? What is the turnaround time? And does it come in any other ebonite colours?
What's been your writing experience with these pens? Any ink leakages noted especially when any pen is an eye dropper? Sorry for asking so many questions, but am interested in some of here pens.

#28 gopool

gopool

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2017 - 15:19

Nice collection and very impressive. The long cap one - is that an eye dropper or does it come with a cartridge converter? Same question on the first pen from the right. The long cap - is that available from ASA now with a converter cartridge? What is the turnaround time? And does it come in any other ebonite colours?
What's been your writing experience with these pens? Any ink leakages noted especially when any pen is an eye dropper? Sorry for asking so many questions, but am interested in some of here pens.

All my pens are friction-fit eyedroppers. You will have to ask ASA pens about cartridges; since these pens are custom made, you can get the pens exactly how you want them. I've had no issues with leaking.

#29 BRBA

BRBA

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:00

All my pens are friction-fit eyedroppers. You will have to ask ASA pens about cartridges; since these pens are custom made, you can get the pens exactly how you want them. I've had no issues with leaking.

Thanks for your response. I shall contact ASA pens soon.

#30 jonathanaahar

jonathanaahar

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:34

Asa pens are very nice looking. The quality is not the best but sill nice pens . I would like to change the nib to a gold jowo nib

#31 jonathanaahar

jonathanaahar

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:34

Asa pens are very nice looking. The quality is not the best but sill nice pens . I would like to change the nib to a gold jowo nib

#32 bigalpaca

bigalpaca

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2017 - 15:30

Nice collection! How would you compare the ebonite vs acrylic pens? Do you prefer one material over the other? 

#33 gopool

gopool

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2017 - 21:03

Nice collection! How would you compare the ebonite vs acrylic pens? Do you prefer one material over the other? 

Thanks. I prefer ebonite a little more than acrylic pens. The feel of an ebonite pen is unmatched.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: asa, ebonite, acrylic, indian

Sponsored Content

|