Your Rarest Parker Pens And Your Favorite!

Jobesmirage

I wanted to ask on this forum because the last time something like this came up it was a decade ago in 2006!

Currently my rarest Parker is an orange Duofold or my Forest Green Parker 51 Aero

and my favorite is my Black Parker 51 Aero

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Penprophet

• mitto

• FarmBoy

• Buzz J

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This could be fun.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I'll start this game.

My rarest in my collection would be the Vac thermometer case I picked up in June.

No wait, the Lady Duofold with the neat wide cap band I picked up in Aug..

No. The 2nd gen Jotter without the barrel tip protector.

This is hard. I'll pass for now.

How about 1 ofs.

I've seen more than a few of those in someone's collection that had me drooling . . . . :wub:

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

51 with swirly green and black Bexley barrel. Black 45. Cartons inherited. Kullock amethyst translucent DJ 51. Tray stuff.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Favorite Parker? Easy -- it's the 1949 Plum 51 Aero Demi, with a medium-ish nib. Perfect size, awesome color. Not minty minty, but I don't care; I am perfectly happy with a user grade pen.

The very close runner up for favorite is the 1937 Vacumatic Junior Red Shadow Wave (1st Generation, with the lockdown filler). It's been in continual rotation for over a year since I got it -- I can't even say that for the Plummer, because that pen goes in and out of rotation as I switch inks around in it (at the moment it's back in rotation, with some vintage Quink Microfilm Black, which actually looks more of a blue-black to my eye...); the Vac just gets a regular refill of Waterman Mysterious Blue.

Rarest? The Turquoise (Aqua?) 41 (forget offhand what the nib on it is, and I'm not at home so I can't check) which I found at an estate sale a little over a year ago. And for which I paid a whole whopping 50¢ US.... :thumbup:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

My rarest and favorite Parker is my 1948 Plum 51 Demi with a 14k medium nib. Even though I don't collect Parkers, and I really don't like its hooded nib, this pen has been following me around for the past few months. The medium nib is nice and wet so the pen is currently filled with Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black.

fpn_1475205423__parker51plum3.jpg

Tell them your rarest. I am praying that you do not receive unexpected visitors.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Tell them your rarest. I am praying that you do not receive unexpected visitors.

That is why this is a dangerous question to answer.

Cuz '1 ofs' are by definition RARE.

As for me, nah, nothing rare. All relatively easily found on eBay.

My favorites are in different categories:

- Parker Vacumatic (pre-cartridge era)

- Parker Classic/180 (cartridge/converter)

- Parker 51 desk pen (desk pen)

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Not rare but favourites. My aero 51s in forest green, cocoa, midnight blue, bloody Brit red, plum and insignia. I have all the (USA and English) colors of aero 51s. Of these I dont treat any as rare. I use all of these regularly. But I do have some NOS and boxed ones in a variety of colors that are kept unused/uninked not because of their colors but because of their pristine condition.

I am not a fan of the vac 51s though. Although I have a few of these too.

There are other Parker models that are my favorites including vintage classic Duofolds, all three generations of the Vacumatics' VPs and the C/C Parkers like P75s, P61s, P65s and the lowly P45s with unusual nibs and versions.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Hi All, My rarest would have to be my Grandfather's Parker Victory in black, with it's F/M 14k nib.

My favorite out of quite a few, either a Frontier with a so-smooth steel nib in 'M', or a '45' GT Flighter with 14k 'M' nib, reason being that I built it up from two near junk 45's, for just a few pounds cost, I can't fault it, especially the grip section, suits my hand so well.

My rarest is probably either my gold Parker 45 "Tiffany" with only a handful ever made ... or one of my Parker 45 Harlequins in black circlet design ... with only a handful ever made ...

My favourite is my trusty old Parker 51 workhorse which I use every day ...

My "rarest" which is not so rare is my red Parker Slimfold.

My favorite is my Parker 75 Sterling Silver Cisele.

Special mention goes to my Parker Vector flighter and Parker 51 which are both wonderful, too.

The least favorite Parker I own is a Parker 45. Very "meh."

Rarest (not so very, but mine is a modest collection): Parker 75 Sterling Cisele, Spanish Treasure Fleet - 1715

Favorite: Parker 51 Flighter (hands down, no contest)

Honorable Mention (both categories): Parker 61 Capillary Filler with Legacy Cap

Nihonto Chicken

My rarest and at the same time favourite Parker is the 105 LE 'Royal Wedding'

with a difference:

while Parker issued 1000 numbered pens on the occasion of Prince Charles's wedding to Princess Diana on 29 July 1981 at St Paul's Cathedral London my pen has the name of the thieving Parker (?) employee engraved instead of the date.

It has the Princes "feathers" and the number 0580 but naturally no certificate and original box with plaque.

It's for sale on the "other" forum for £ 295 for UK members only.

I have about a dozen vintage Parkers.

Rarest: Vacuum Filler with reverse trim (chrome)

Favorite: That's a tough one. Probably either my Silver Pearl 1st gen. Vac Std. or my grey hatched Televisor with F factory stub/CI nib (both near mint).

Will see if I can post a photo at some point.

aka popcod (FPGeeks)

WANTED: Vintage Pens with White Metal Trim! —> Sheaffer: OS Balance w/ reverse trim (grey/red vein) | Balance (grey/red fleck); Canadian Balance 5-30 (roseglow, green, ebonized pearl); First-Yr Crest (silver cap) | Waterman: Lady Patricia (clean persian) | Wahl-Eversharp: "half" Coronet (rhodium cap); Doric (Cathay); Skyline (SS/Sterling Cap) | Rebadged Parkers: Diamond Medal (grey pinstripe, marble stripe, etc.)

rarest:

no rare Parkers here, just the usual lot

favorite:

T1, but I would never buy it since I have Pilot Myus (which I like even more)

Greetings,

Michael