The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Inconspicuous Montblanc

montblanc ballpoint everyday

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 grilledcheese

grilledcheese

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 23:55

I'm afraid I don't know of a clever hack, but if all else fails, could you put the word around that it was handed down to you? "gift" might sound like "bribe" to some ears, while 'handed down' sounds both unremunerative and pretty humble, unlike 'inherited' for example. 

Sponsored Content

#22 Dorf

Dorf

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:36

use it proudly. don't be self-conscious about it

Agreed. Be proud of your pen, and don't care about what others will think.

#23 bemon

bemon

Brent

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2016 - 19:21

I will say that you have a healthy imagination...    Is hard for me to believe anyone is "judging" you by your pen preference.

I know Montblancs... and I never noticed them .. unless they are fountain pens (I love the nibs).

I won't argue with you for what you believe is negative attention... I will say, if you are correct, then take it as a "feature'.. Let your Montblanc show you the kind of person you are dealing with on a daily basis.   ;)   

Interestingly, we've decided not to give business to an ad agency pitching us at work based on the rep's accessories. He wouldn't budge on price, and based on his MB pen, watch and the 7 Series he arrived in we decided that the give/take relationship between our companies would be out of whack.

If he wouldn't have put on a show about how hard up his small company was and how he was already offering the best price then maybe. But that's a hard story to swallow when he was gesturing with $2,000 worth of accessories between his wrist and fingers. People do pay attention to the details.

Agreed MB is as good as a BP gets. Give Cross or Waterman a shot for a fairly pleasurable albeit less pretentious experience.

C.

#24 bemon

bemon

Brent

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2016 - 19:32

No way I would carry a really valuable pen to work - I'd worry to much about it growing legs and walking away, or being damaged in the weirdest ways by some co-worker who just wants to "borrow it for a second".

People who habitually carry pocket knives can all tell tales about the amazing resourcefulness of knife-ignorant people at coming up with new ways of ruining a knife.

I carry several valuable fountain pens to work, and carry a Waterman Hemisphere BP at all times to loan out. That's its purpose, the only thing I bought it for and still cringe when someone borrows it and then tosses it casually on to a surface after use like a garden variety Bic,

I usually use my Pilot VP for meetings. Once a manager needed to make a note, swiped it out of my hand without asking. Big ex football player type. Myself and another co worker who knows pens yelled at the same time "DONT USE THAT ONE!!!!" I gave home the Hemi and he just shrugged and said "nice pen".

#25 Dragonmaster Lou

Dragonmaster Lou

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2016 - 20:36

There are quite a few web pages out there about hacks you can use to take a MB refill and put it in a cheaper body, such as a Pilot G2. Here's just one of them:

http://www.instructa...r-Pilot-G2-Pen/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, ballpoint, everyday

Sponsored Content

|