The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Kwzi Honey Has New Formulation

kwz honey

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:54

With the recent reviews by Lgsoltek of a couple KWZ inks I've been wanting, I checked out Vanness to see if they were back in stock. I noticed the KWZ Honey said new formulation. No information about what was different between old and new KWZ Honey.

I have a bottle of the old formulation, so I'm not going to get a new one or even a sample just to see the differences. It may be exactly the same as the old formulation. Or not.

Maybe someone knowledgeable could comment to rest the worrying minds of FPNers who love KWZ ink!

Sponsored Content

#2 niunia

niunia

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2016 - 13:16

With the recent reviews by Lgsoltek of a couple KWZ inks I've been wanting, I checked out Vanness to see if they were back in stock. I noticed the KWZ Honey said new formulation. No information about what was different between old and new KWZ Honey.

I have a bottle of the old formulation, so I'm not going to get a new one or even a sample just to see the differences. It may be exactly the same as the old formulation. Or not.

Maybe someone knowledgeable could comment to rest the worrying minds of FPNers who love KWZ ink!

hi!

The new formulation is only regarding the smell :) Many people noticed that the smell was strange and said they'd like the ink more if it wasn't so smelly. So we figured out finally how to change it. The color is exactly the same as it used to be :)) I told it to Mike Vanness, but I'll let them know once again not to cause any confusions :))

Regards, Agnieszka vel Mrs. KWZI

#3 Bobje

Bobje

We're all bozos on this bus.

• FPN Super Moderators

• 1,950 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2016 - 13:44

This is a terrific ink with glowing, beautiful shading and halo qualities, and I'm really enjoying it under the old formulation.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

#4 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2016 - 13:47

I haven't written with my new bottle yet but I made a swab and it looks the same as the old one. So no worries.

#5 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 2,658 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2016 - 15:29

Thank you Agnieszka for setting our minds at ease. It's funny, I actually liked the original smell which to me was like honey!

Thanks for your response.

#6 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,660 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2016 - 19:11

Thanks for the information.  Honey is one I've been wanting to try for a while.  When Vanness had a table at DCSS a couple of years ago and I asked about getting it they just laughed at me (it was Sunday morning and it probably had sold out by Friday afternoon...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#7 Mishka5050

Mishka5050

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 September 2016 - 21:16

I will miss the smell :)

#8 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,331 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2016 - 22:41

I will miss the smell :)

Ditto, I loved that smell.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#9 Noihvo

Noihvo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,662 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 September 2016 - 17:33

fpn_1475170385__img_2298.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Are you looking for a custom bound book? Check out my Etsy page.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kwz, honey

Sponsored Content

|