Conid Monarch Bulkfiller Fountain Pen Now Available

FrankvK

“The story of the pen began back in March 2015 at the Cologne pen show in Germany. Both Conid and Fontoplumo had a table there. During the day, I was seen visiting the Conid stand several times. Something on display had caught my attention. What was it? Nothing less than the Kingsize Flanders Fields, a unique Conid memorial pen. I just couldn’t get it out of my head. It had sparked my interest and I was loath to go home without it. My eagerness and enthusiasm didn’t go unnoticed by Werner and as the day drew to a close, he agreed to sell it to me.

Soon afterwards, another surprise was in store for me. I received an invitation to visit the factory itself. My lovely wife and I were given a fascinating guided tour, culminating in an animated discussion about special edition pens. As I am Dutch, I had decided to wear an orange jacket that day. So it was orange that captured Werner’s imagination. A second meeting followed. Again, we talked about a special edition pen but more seriously this time. Like many good things in life, good ideas need time to age.”

That is how the Conid Monarch Bulkfiller was born.

With this pen, Fontoplumo and Conid pay homage to orange, the colour closely associated not only with the people of the Netherlands but also with their royal house. According to legend, pioneers from Europe, especially those from Holland and England, who crossed the Atlantic to settle in America were awestruck at the sight of beautiful orange butterflies. Consequently, they named the species Monarch after William of Orange, the king who also was William III of England.

The butterfly is, moreover, a symbol of transformation. Bearing this in mind, we hope that the Monarch pen will help you embrace personal change and smooth the path towards your dreams and aspirations.

The Conid Monarch Bulkfiller fountain pen, a numbered edition, is now available.

To obtain one, simply go to fontoplumo.nl

http://fontoplumo.nl/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Monarch_Kingsize_3-e1474557719637.jpg

http://fontoplumo.nl/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Monarch_Kingsize_2.jpg

www.fontoplumo.nl

info@fontoplumo.nl

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FrankvK

• mongrelnomad

• entropydave

• rvthof

By the way, we'll have these with us at the Tilburg penshow this Saturday. Come and see them if you are in the area.

www.fontoplumo.nl

info@fontoplumo.nl

The Royal pen at last ...

We've been nagging Francis and Werner for the Royal Orange pen to become reality.

She is such a beauty :puddle: :puddle:

Rob

Oh wow! :wub:

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

A few questions if I may:

As this is a numbered edition, how many of the pens have been made?

Have the pens already been produced by Conid i.e. are they directly available for shipment upon purchase, or is there any wait period after the purchase for Conid to produce them?

Have the pens already been produced by Conid i.e. are they directly available for shipment upon purchase, or is there any wait period after the purchase for Conid to produce them?

Tempted? You're not the only one... :rolleyes:

Too many pens; too little writing.

First serie is 25 pieces. in stock we have now titanium nib F and M

Pens wait for nibs at Conid

www.fontoplumo.nl

info@fontoplumo.nl

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Frank

That is a lovely pen indeed that is very appealing. I have a few questions for you:

1. I see the pen has a special Conid case in orange. Does the case and pen come with the Conid tool/wrench for opening the pen for servicing?

2. On your site you add:

Ebonite will change color if exposed to light and the section may absorb ink you are using. This makes the pen change according to how use use it.

I do not know much about ebonite, since I only have it on a few pens with ebonite feeds. I can understand that if the pen is exposed to light it will change color over time. Does this happen quickly? Is this ebonite or this color of ebonite more prone to it? For example, is black ebonite similarly vulnerable?

When you mention the section might absorb ink, I'm wondering how that happens. The Conid nib housing has an enclosing collar and is sealed at both ends by o-rings in the section. So it seems unlikely that ink could be leached into the section. Is it that the transfer occurs by ink on your fingers? I suppose I'm concerned that over time the section will be a different color than the barrel.

3. Do you offer a service for making a M titanium nub into a stub?

Thank you for your answers and help.

David.

Hello David,

In answer to your questions:

1. Yes the tooling to open the pen for servicing is included

2. Does this happen quickly? I have not taken it with me to a sunny beach. I often sit in front of a window and the pen is on my desk. No discoloration. I would not put it in the shop window in long term direct sunlight. Hope this helps.

section might absorb ink. When filling the ink it is put in the ink, or ink may evaporate when capped. When I had a test model there was some blue color absorbed by the section. It does not stain on the fingers. The color did not disturb me, it shows the pen is used, the same as I develop wrinkles during life. Of course opinions may vary. Have now filled one with Monarch ink and that leaves no visible marks and has also no inkstained hands.

3. An M can be made a stub, it would be done at Conid, at the premium usually charged at Conid

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Kind regards

Frank

www.fontoplumo.nl

info@fontoplumo.nl

Just in case pricing is confusing when checking Conid standard line and the Monarch.

Conid website lets you add options and calculates VAT at the end.

I have my website set up to always show VAT until your address is known. When you register with an address outside of the EU the price ex vat wil be shown.

Price incl VAT is €995.00

Price excl VAT is €822.31

This includes a titanium nib, tooling and shipping and a bottle of KWZ Monarch ink.

Gold nib is optional.

www.fontoplumo.nl

info@fontoplumo.nl

That is very helpful Frank, I understand better now. I just need to think about it a bit now. It is very tempting. David.

does it come with size 8 nib and CAISO system ?

Size 8 nib: yes

Filling system, bulkfiller, not Caiso

www.fontoplumo.nl

info@fontoplumo.nl