The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Baoer Issue (All My Pens): Doesn't Fit International Cartrigdes

baoer standard cartridge standard converter

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kev

Kev

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2016 - 14:11

Well, ummm...
I own several baoer fountain pens, each one ships with identical screw converters...that work pretty decently.
BUT: if I detach them and try to shove a international/standard/peilikan type cartridge, it simply doesn't fit.
If I do it by brute force, it results in most of times, a cracked cartridge and ink everywhere....or in the worst case a disassembled/pushed forward nib/feeder.

It's not just a single model/single package baoer pen, but 4models from different sellers and shapes.

Plz explain me: am I forced to use that default bad-looking, cheap converter?

Sponsored Content

#2 ac12

ac12

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,535 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2016 - 19:01

Despite the name, there seems to be no real global standard/spec for an international converter/cartridge.

It is not only Baoer, but Jin Hao as well, and likely others.

The back of the section on a few of my Chinese pens are smaller in diameter than several of my international converters.  So I have to use their converters. 

I think similar for the cartridges.  You may have to buy Chinese cartridges, and hope that they fit.

Jin Hao also has a slim cartridge/converter, which adds to the confusion.  I bought some of those, thinking they were international size, and they do NOT fit.  The opening for the nipple is too small.

While the converter is cheap, it works, so don't get so worked up over it.  It is inside the pen and you only see it when you fill the pen.

Looking for a cartridge to fit, that is a different matter, and that is an irritation.

Tip, having to use force is usually a sign of a fit problem.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

#3 frankb3

frankb3

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 October 2016 - 00:30

Well, ummm...
I own several baoer fountain pens, each one ships with identical screw converters...that work pretty decently.
BUT: if I detach them and try to shove a international/standard/peilikan type cartridge, it simply doesn't fit.
If I do it by brute force, it results in most of times, a cracked cartridge and ink everywhere....or in the worst case a disassembled/pushed forward nib/feeder.

It's not just a single model/single package baoer pen, but 4models from different sellers and shapes.

Plz explain me: am I forced to use that default bad-looking, cheap converter?

I don't have a Baoer pen, but have you looked at Jinhao ink cartridges?  They are longer and skinnier than the standard international short.

International short:  38.6mm long  7.4mm diameter

Jinhao:  52.3 mm long  6.7 mm diameter

I think there are some shorter Jinhao cartridges too, but they aren't as common.  Jinhao cartridges are way cheaper, but delivery from China can take a month.  They can be found on Amazon or aliexpress.

I've used both international short and jinhao cartridges in a Jinhao, so they attach to the same size sections.

Cheers,

Edited by frankb3, 03 October 2016 - 07:25.

#4 Kev

Kev

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 October 2016 - 17:12

well.. on these Baoer-s jinhao cartridges FIT. BUT..same jinhao cart. don't fit as well on pelikan prima penna, a pair of waterman, a bruin pen...

same thing with chinese converters: fit only on the pens they were attached to, and to none of my european pens.

so, I fear that standard international is not so standard.

#5 Mech-for-i

Mech-for-i

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 October 2016 - 19:33

Which they shouldn't, they were never made that way nor marketed that way. Hero, Wing Sung used to be the 2 major standard among the Chinese pen Mfr and their converter are all both incompatible with German ( so call international standard ). Its not the nner diameter of the nipple as well as the outer flange size that dictate. Hero's are 2.6mm and Wingsung use a 2.5mm inner diameter where the international standard are more like 2.1mm. There are older specific range of Chinese pen using a 3.2mm and 3.4mm nipple opening, only very few Chinese pen models utilize the ( German ) international standard.

I believe most of Jinhao and Baoer use the Hero's 2.6mm type

#6 Kev

Kev

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:58

resume:
-chinese converters usually DO NOT FIT other pens other than that it came attached to (same model, not even same brand)
-jinhao cartridges usually FIT international pens: except for watermans (2/2 models I own don't fit)...still the longer,slimmer tip seems a bit loose and wobbly

#7 GJMekenkamp

GJMekenkamp

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2016 - 13:21

In my Jinhao 601, a Waterman converter fits nicely.

So perhaps even a Waterman cartridge may fit..

#8 Kev

Kev

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2016 - 18:05

In my Jinhao 601, a Waterman converter fits nicely.

So perhaps even a Waterman cartridge may fit..

try...but on the opposite, jinhao cartridges don't enter properly in waterman pens

#9 mke

mke

Read my lips: No more (pens/inks/paper)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:41

So, could you solve your problem?

I want to give away a Baoer 3035 to a cartridge-only user.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: baoer, standard cartridge, standard converter

Sponsored Content

|