The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Mystery Mechanical Pencil, And Pen Too

id mystery mechanical pencil ballpoint

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stuck-in-time

stuck-in-time

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2016 - 20:55

Hi, I recently found this up for sale in a local online marketplace, and I can't help wondering the make of the mechanical pencil. I'm quite interested in it, but it'd be much better when I actually know what I'm buying.

258580410_1_644x461_1set_stainless_boxy_

Sorry for the picture quality, but this seller really does provide only the most vague of description and pics. I've dealt with him before and he was good, and I'm quite sure they're brand-name stationery.

The vague description only mentioned that it might be Japanese? It also said Boxy, but from what I know Boxy is just a product line of Mitsubishi Pencil and does not include pencils or pens like these. The button of the pencil looks somewhat like the GraphGear 1000's and it seems to have a rubber grip?

While at it, an ID of the ballpoint would be nice too. Thanks :)

Sponsored Content

#2 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:58

The BP reminds of Parker, but with different furnishings. Inoxcrom, perhaps?

The pencil reminds of Karas Kustoms or one of the other independent metal-pen-makers.

But could be quite different.

D.ick

~

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

#3 ThePen-cil

ThePen-cil

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:25

The one on the right is Fisher Futura pencil or pen. I have the 2 of the pencil version.

#4 stuck-in-time

stuck-in-time

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:17

Yes, D.ick, it does look like a Parker, that was my first guess as well, but then I noticed the top is quite different.

Ah! Thank's for the spot-on ID, ThePen-cil, so it's a Fisher... That's a surprise! It's not a brand I expected to find here in my country. This seller does hold a lot of surprises... I can't wait for the next one. By the way, I found out that this is a discontinued model, if so, when do they stopped producing these?

Edited by stuck-in-time, 24 September 2016 - 11:36.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: id, mystery, mechanical pencil, ballpoint

Sponsored Content

|