Blue Bahama - Levenger

visvamitra

It seems Levenger is family company that offers a wide variety of products. Levenger designs many of its products, with approximately 75% of its product line being proprietary. The company describes itself as a champion of Slow Tech. Levenger CEO and co-founder Steve Leveen has aligned the company with the Conscious Capitalism movement. To that end, the company has created an initiative called Partnering for Good, which pays product-based royalties to nonprofit institutions whose missions are connected to reading or learning.

Among other things the company offers a line of fountain pen iks.

1. Amethyst
  2. Blazing Sunset
  3. Blue Bahama
  4. Cardinal Red
  5. Claret
  6. Cobalt Blue
  7. Cocoa
  8. Empyrean
  9. Forest Green
  10. Gemstone Green
  11. Greystoke
  12. Pinkly
  13. Pomegrenate
  14. Raven Black
  15. Regal
  16. Shiraz
  17. Skies of Blue
  18. Smokey (discontinued)
  19. True Teal

Levenger's Bahama Blue isn't my color. The ink behaves well and offers some shading. It's not revolting but it's not the color I would use outside preparing review.

fpn_1474264133__bahama_levenger_is.jpg

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1474264194__bahama_levenger_rk.jpg

Software ID

fpn_1474264156__bahama_levenger_l_3.jpg

Tomoe River, Kaweco Classic Sport, B

fpn_1474264169__bahama_levenger_t_1.jpg

fpn_1474264176__bahama_levenger_t_2.jpg

fpn_1474264183__bahama_levenger_t_3.jpg

Leuchtturm 1917, Kaweco Classic Sport, B

fpn_1474264140__bahama_levenger_l_1.jpg

fpn_1474264148__bahama_levenger_l_2.jpg

fpn_1474264163__bahama_levenger_l_4.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mge01park

• swanjun

• visvamitra

• Runnin_Ute

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 years later...

Just ordered a bottle of this. Looking at your writing samples, it seems to be in my wheelhouse. 

Others I have 

Pomegranate (long discontinued, have a few ml still)

Forest Green (just ordered a second bottle)

Cobalt Blue

Amethyst 

Once upon a time I had Raven Black, but didn't replace it when I finished it in 2013. It took over a decade to finish it. 

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• 1 year later...

I like the Blue Bahama and have been using it for many years. It's similar to one of the Waterman inks I hear. Greystoke was also discontinued as was the Pinkly. I hung on to some Smokey and Greystoke as I love gray ink. I started buying Levenger inks in the mid-90s so I could add to the list with a few more discontinued colors. 😊. One new one is Peony Pink which seems like the old Pinkly. I ran out of Skies of Blue a long time ago and forgot how nice it is as I had some cartridges left. I ordered the bottled Skies of Blue and Peony Pink (which initially only came in cartridges) yesterday as they had 25% off and free shipping.