Anyone Having Trouble Contacting Taizo Okagaki (Engeika?)

Inknoob

I ordered a KOP Pro Gear along with a 3 piece Iroshizuku ink set 7 days ago. He confirmed (twice) for me that the items were in stock. No replies after various emails. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thank you.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptos

• Calabria

• Inknoob

• JunkyardSam

My understanding from reading other customers' posts in this subject is that his is pretty much a one-man operation, which means that one should not expect instant replies to email queries.

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

I'm having a similar issue.

3 weeks ago I've ordered a couple of pens and 3 ink bottles.

Last week I asked about the status of the order, since there was not a peep.

No reply.

I've sent another inquiry last Thursday - still no reply.

In early September, I had to cancel an order I've placed in mid July due to not fulfilling the order.

This makes me wonder - has anyone ever received any merchandize bought from this seller in the past 2-3 months?

I'm in a battle to recover my funds that this guy has held for the last 6 weeks. Only after repeated emails and opening a PayPal dispute has he even responded. So far he has refunded for one order but not a second order that was placed at the same time. The emails I get are all generic "thank you for your email" types. Guy's a joke.

Strange. Last time I ordered a pen from him was a Pro Gear Realo -- had the pen in 7 days and was very pleased with the experience of using his site.

Strange. Last time I ordered a pen from him was a Pro Gear Realo -- had the pen in 7 days and was very pleased with the experience of using his site.

Could you share when was your order placed? Was it within the last 3 months?

Things have obviously changed!

Unfortunately so. It's a shame.. the KOP is marked up $300 in the US.

Edited by Inknoob

I've just received an email from him saying he'd ship my order as soon as he gets the pen from sailor. It's a simple sailor pro gear slim so I don't know if that's a good sign. I'll let you know.

Edited by Angel91

I "won" an auction for a Pilot Metal Falcon on Ebay (from AsianTreasureHunt which is Engeika, apparently) on August 9th. It's September 20 and still no pen... Should I be worried yet? I did NOT get the upgraded shipping option (which I regret now.)

eBay reports "the seller hasn't shipped the item yet" and I hope he just never clicked that update button... but I contacted him a week ago to inquire about shipment and...

No response.

I know shipping can take a while but I'm getting worried.

Edited by JunkyardSam

Well, I've finally got my refund. Took a few rather sharply worded emails though. Not at all happy about that, but at least I got the money back.

I'm glad it was resolved for you. The only reason i have not asked for a refund is that he double-confirmed the pen was in fact in stock. How long was the wait for one his replies? This is ridiculous.

Edited by Inknoob

I "won" an auction for a Pilot Metal Falcon on Ebay (from AsianTreasureHunt which is Engeika, apparently) on August 9th. It's September 20 and still no pen... Should I be worried yet? I did NOT get the upgraded shipping option (which I regret now.)

eBay reports "the seller hasn't shipped the item yet" and I hope he just never clicked that update button... but I contacted him a week ago to inquire about shipment and...

No response.

I know shipping can take a while but I'm getting worried.

Maybe August 9 was a "bad day for Mr. Engeika;" that was the day I ordered the 3 bottles of NEW/old/NEWagain Sailor inks & some cartridges, all listed as "IN STOCK." He ignored 2 emails requesting "status of the order," BUT MOST promptly responded when I sent the THIRD request, which asked should I ask PAYPAL to inquire on my behalf, if he wasn't going to answer my request?

Almost instantly I received a MOST cordial & apologetic response, "my order would be sent by Monday Aug 19 to the distribution center which would prepare it for shipment & I would receive the notification & tracking order @ that time." Well today is ONLY the 20 of Sept so I hardly expect his "distribution center" to manage ALL THAT extensive packing & notify me, the next day. IF it takes six weeks for items that are "in stock" @ the time of order to "make their way to the Distribution Center, well it could easily take that long to "package same for shipping."

Yes, I would probably be worrying; but if you mention the magic words, "PAYPAL" perhaps you might receive an answer, if not a tracking # for your purchase.

This is odd. I last bought from Engeika about two months ago (July 10, 2016), and time from order to arrival of my items to my doorstep in Malaysia was only six days (received July 16, 2016). It was a pleasant and seamless process.

Just a few days after I received my order (around July 20-ish), however, I went back to the Engeika website, thinking to leave a review of my items, only to find that large sections of the site were blanked out and marked "under maintenance". I remember wondering at the time whether Taizo was away, or whether something had happened to him or the business.

Do update us on how it turns out in the end. Best of luck!

I have ordered several pens from him over the years and he has been unfailing reliable and honest. Could the delays be due to new international postal regulations?

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

I have found that he sells pens which he believes he can get from the manufacturers. What's "In Stock" isn't actually in HIS stocks. I suspect that the Big 3 use him (and others) as a way of selling their remaining domestic inventory and any parts from defective products internationally.

I have found Pisuke2005 on eBay to be more reliable. But, I'm sure I'm going to buy something else from Engeika eventually.

round-letter-exc.png

He's an infuriating man. Polite when he does send mails - getting him to send them is another matter. Now he has refunded my money and then posted one of the orders free of charge anyway, after the fact. It's a nice gesture. I told him I appreciated the offer but not to go ahead with it. He sent it anyway. That puts me at a disadvantage.