The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Jade - Pelikan Edelstein

pelikan

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2016 - 18:19

They say one man's meat is another's poison.

Tas' earwax could be Cyber6's... erm...  :lticaptd:

Dude...  I've been told that some of my favorite colors are "baby's poo" color.... So, I am immune to people' opinion... :P

I know what I like... and the rest ... you know  ;)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Sponsored Content

#22 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,983 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2016 - 21:22

We also need the earwax shade for Tas. :)

me_ear_wax.jpg

#23 Sabin

Sabin

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2016 - 23:50

This ink for writing a divorce notice..

#24 Fuzzy_Bear

Fuzzy_Bear

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 01:11

And yet this and Spearmint I really like.
The glory of the young is their strength; the gray hair of experience is the splendor of the old.

#25 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,403 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:08

The first thing (and the last thing) I thought about this ink after I bought it 6 years ago is that it has absolutely no resemblence to any jade rocks I've ever seen in my life.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#26 migo984

migo984

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,760 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 15:11

The first thing (and the last thing) I thought about this ink after I bought it 6 years ago is that it has absolutely no resemblence to any jade rocks I've ever seen in my life.

I reckon >75% of ink names bear no relation to the colours they are supposed to represent :-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

#27 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• 12,403 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2016 - 13:10

I reckon only ~25% but even that is silly of them. I mean, apart from a few exceptions -- like "jade" which might have been attempted to possibly cast a hint at, even however somewhat vaguely, a type of green tea I like which is also called "Jade" -- they should choose a completly new name unknown to lovers of ink.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#28 chromantic

chromantic

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2016 - 14:11

Looks similar to Lindauer Green, if memory serves; hard to say, as image from that review won't load anymore. Started to order the Lindauer yesterday but chickened out at the last minute.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

#29 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2016 - 19:26

In this case I'll stay away from Lindauer Green :)

#30 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• 2,279 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 23:53

I got to try a sample of this at the recent 2019 Pelikan Hub. It was in a Jinhao Shark Pen. I liked it then. I won a bag of samples as well as a bottle of Tanzanite.

The Goldspot exclusive Kaweco arrived today, and I filled it with a sample of Edelstein Jade (the samples came from the ink Pelikan sent to Hubs to sample.)

Here is how the ink looks in a BB Kaweco nib:

fpn_1569325669__fpn_1569274664__d2c30daf

I have found our excellent reviewer Visvamitra does not like a certain range of green that includes J Herbin Vert Reseda, Diamine Soft Mint. But I like Soft Mint and this Jade. We each have our own favorites to keep things interesting.

Edited by lapis, 24 September 2019 - 11:49.

Posted Image

#31 mana

mana

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:23

I got the Jade as part of the Hub Master package and Ive got to say, out of a broad nib with good flow it really aint that bad, just a nice medium green with a bluish tint. I do like the darker forest green Aventurine better though.

Adopt, Don't Shop! Support Your Local Animal Shelters! - Let's make this world a better place together! Because... now is the only thing that is real...

"Indifference towards people and the reality in which they live is actually the one and only cardinal sin in design." - Dieter Rams

EDC: Post WWII green binde Pelikan 100N CI 14K B, Blue Marbled M200 F, 400NN Tortoise CI 14K BB. INKED: early 70s LAMY 2000 MK, Parker 51 Aerometric F & M, rOtring Art Pen 1.1 & Woodshed Pen Co. Red swirl 1.1 mm CI, Kaweco V12 14K B and then some... Inks: Pelikan 4001 BB & Turquoise, vintage Parker Quink, Lamy Turquoise, Diamine Eau de Nil, Sailor Souboku etc.

#32 chromantic

chromantic

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,282 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2019 - 15:24

The Goldspot exclusive Kaweco arrived today, and I filled it with a sample of Edelstein Jade (the samples came from the ink Pelikan sent to Hubs to sample.)

I have found our excellent reviewer Visvamitra does not like a certain range of green that includes J Herbin Vert Reseda, Diamine Soft Mint. But I like Soft Mint and this Jade. We each have our own favorites to keep things interesting.

OMG! Yours writes! I got one of these but mine barely lays down any ink (2nd Sport I've experienced this with). Was going to send it back but it's even prettier than the photos on Goldspot's site so I'll try another ink and then maybe take an exacto to the ink channel.

eta: After sitting another day, I was getting more flow but still very inconsistent, maybe the Deep Sea Green was too dry. Switched that out for Kon-peki and that seems to be working better.

Edited by chromantic, 24 September 2019 - 23:13.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

#33 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• 2,279 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:13

Chromantic, I’m glad your Kaweco is working better. I switched the converter holding the Jade ink to another Sport but with bold nib. What a difference in one nib size. The result wasn’t nearly as dark.
Posted Image

#34 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2019 - 21:59

That is turquoise or tiffany blue. My wife would love it.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#35 Intensity

Intensity

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,086 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:26

That is turquoise or tiffany blue. My wife would love it.

The most Tiffany Blue I've used is J. Herbin Bleu Calanque.  An intense, bright Tiffany Blue.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

#36 Gobblecup

Gobblecup

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,957 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:41

I did not think I would like it, but once I had written with it, I have found that it is one of the new favorites in my collection.
Gobblecup ~

#37 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 17,686 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:48

I'm afraid I'm definitely with visvamitra on this one.  But it could be worse: It could be Organics Studio L Frank Baum Emerald Green....  :sick: 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan

Sponsored Content

|