Jade - Pelikan Edelstein

visvamitra

Pelikan Edelstein is the proof of Pelikan employees marketing efficiency. Beautifully packaged inks bear promise of amazing writing experience. The line is popular all around the world and concurs with the likes of Pilot Iroshizuku or Graf von Faber-Castell.

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/2076/YtmFPx.jpg

The packaging is really impressive.

The outer cardboard box is, more or less, standard. It's not overisized and made from cardboard.The front panel has a slightly slanted extra facet with a colored panel that corresponds to the ink color inside. Care was also taken to keep ink secure in the box - the pair of styrofoam pads rest between the neck of the bottle and the box.

The bottle itself is really, really nice. The glass is thick, heavy and rectangular but with slightly concave sides. The lettering fits the design. I believe Caran d'Ache Chromatics inks bottles are more interesting, Iroshizuku probably nicer but Edelstein offers great and solid cap.

The inks can be bought in 12 colors, seven standard.

1. Aventurine
  2. Jade
  3. Mandarin
  4. Onyx
  5. ​Sapphire
  6. Ruby
  7. Topaz

And 5 LE inks of the year

1. Turmaline Ink of the Year 2012
  2. Amber Ink of the Year 2013
  3. Garnet Ink of the Year 2014
  4. Amethyst Ink of the Year 2015
  5. Aquamarine Ink of the Year 2016

Sometimes speaking about aesthetic displeasure isn't enough. Sometimes you just have to unleash the Kraken. It's one of this times guys. I HATE this ink, it's HIDEOUS. Actually it's one of ugliest things I've seen in my life. It's kind of color that makes me clench my teeth and look the other way.

It may be well-behaved and so on but frankly I don't care. I just can't look at it.

fpn_1474052114__jade_is.jpg

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1474052123__jade_rk.jpg

Software ID

fpn_1474052193__jade_l_3.jpg

Tomoe River, Kaweco Classic Sport, B

fpn_1474052203__jade_t_1.jpg

fpn_1474052216__jade_t_2.jpg

Leuchtturm 1917, Kaweco Classic Sport, B

fpn_1474052134__jade_l_1.jpg

fpn_1474052182__jade_l_2.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• visvamitra

• Tas

• grainweevil

• lgsoltek

I've been on here too long - as soon as I saw you'd posted this review I knew you'd hate it. Why do you do this to yourself? :lol:

It's actually one of the Edelsteins I have, out of choice. It's cheerful, and the shading isn't bad. Reminds me of Orville the Duck though, which might be good enough reason to hate it...

I am sorry.. but this is not Jade..... such a lovely color Name cannot be this....

NOW... Maruzen Jade... that is JADE !!!! :wub: :wub:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

visvamitra, I couldn't agree more. Yuk.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/me_too_bright.jpg

LOL, I knew it.
Let me ask Konrad to make a KWZI Visvamitra in this colour...

Defo.
Can you ask him to make a sour pink for me while he's at it . . . ?
:sick:

I am sorry.. but this is not Jade..... such a lovely color Name cannot be this....

NOW... Maruzen Jade... that is JADE !!!! :wub: :wub:

C.

You took the words out of my mouth!

Actually, truth be told, if you were to find the ugliest and not yet refined jade.........then, MAYBE.

that said, that is one fugly color!

There is a Chinese saying (I'm paraphrasing and it went from my father in-law to my wife) "The highest quality jade is often hardest to find and discern from junk." I think what we have here is, well.....you know.

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” - Winston Churchill

A wonderful pen pal sent me a bottle of this ink along with an oak pen & letter holder he crafted for me. For that reason alone I'd love this ink.

I use this ink in an eye-droppered Kaweco Ice Sport & it writes a deeper & more nuanced shade than Vis' review suggests & I actually like this ink colour.

Verba volant, scripta manent

visvamitra, I couldn't agree more. Yuk.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/me_too_bright.jpg

Defo.

Can you ask him to make a sour pink for me while he's at it . . . ?

:sick:

If Konrad were to make a "colours that we hate" series, make sure there'd be an LG Bandaid pink à la Rouille d'ancre.

If Konrad were to make a "colours that we hate" series, make sure there'd be an LG Bandaid pink à la Rouille d'ancre.

That, is, eeeww . . .

We also need the earwax shade for Tas. :)

I use this ink in an eye-droppered Kaweco Ice Sport & it writes a deeper & more nuanced shade than Vis' review suggests & I actually like this ink colour.

Well, thank goodness; was starting to think I was the only one!

I've been on here too long - as soon as I saw you'd posted this review I knew you'd hate it. Why do you do this to yourself? :lol:

I knew he'd hate it too, but was still amused by the strength of his hatred. Of course, I think it's a pretty cute ink.

Easy :)

Most disgusting colors: Jade - Pelikan Edelstein, Soft Mint - Diamine, Caribbean Sea - Caran d'Ache and most other similar hues. These three however are - for me - worst representaions of this dreadful color.

Worst behaviour and ugly color: Hot Bubble Pink - Private Reserve, Onyx - Diamine

Hated for behaviour - Orange Crush and Shoreline Gold - Private Reserve, Ancient Copper, Kelly Green, Jade - Diamine

I guess there's much more of them but the ones mentioned above are - dor some reason - fixed in my memory.